3Shape Ortho

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Hello out there,

I am an experienced 3Shape CB Tech. I have been asked by a local dentist if I could scan models and provide a digital storage via Dropbox or some cloud device or USB stick or something.
I just received a demo version of 3Shape Ortho. I have scanned my 1st model set in and I have played around with trying to find the dam file and put in storage. lol

Is there any experienced 3Shape Ortho users that could help with the learning curve of this Ortho module?
Help with a workflow for this service?

I will continue in the process learning what all these mini programs do within the mod. I have no ortho experience so I not even sure what half of these mini programs do ie analyzer

Thanks and confused!

C

CadGenius41

Reaction score
When you download the 3Shape Ortho software the folder where the scans get stored is hidden. You need to go to your C drive, top left corner choose Organize, then folder and search options, then go to view and choose "show hidden files and folders".
Once this is done you will see a folder that shows up in the C drive that says Program Data. In Program Data choose the folder 3shape and then Ortho Data folder. In this folder is where all your scans will be.

Hope this helps
I am a CB tech that had a demo of the 3shape ortho before, 3shape told me to email [email protected] if you have any questions about this.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Unless you have a working concept of orthodontics, the software is useless to you, as far as analysis etc. Its very advanced and complicatingly customizable. You can make study models easy enough, but its a very different format than the other 3shape software.

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
Hello out there,

I am an experienced 3Shape CB Tech. I have been asked by a local dentist if I could scan models and provide a digital storage via Dropbox or some cloud device or USB stick or something.
I just received a demo version of 3Shape Ortho. I have scanned my 1st model set in and I have played around with trying to find the dam file and put in storage. lol

Is there any experienced 3Shape Ortho users that could help with the learning curve of this Ortho module?
Help with a workflow for this service?

I will continue in the process learning what all these mini programs do within the mod. I have no ortho experience so I not even sure what half of these mini programs do ie analyzer

Thanks and confused!
I have to presume you have the two parts to the ortho side, one to scan a model or impression and make the virtual study models the other part being ortho analyser for your virtual setups and measurements. When u scan ur models in it will be with " 3 shape scan it orthodontics" you will be asked for patient name id numbers etc( your basically setting up an order form) from there you make your study models as per work flow until you come to finish the process. When you finish the models are saved in ortho data file. Default path is c> program data>3shape>ortho data>whatever you called the models. From here you can open up 3 shape ortho analyser. Type in patient name into search window, open them up and they will be your models. If you don't want to do anything with them thats ok, just look in the top right corner, 3 wizard hats and an icon for saving, press the icon and it will by default want to save to C drive, insert ur USB and press browse for maxilla, it will show all the places to save to, including ur USB, select ur USB and name your file as you want your client to see. It will save usually with an stl. Extension but you can change this in control panel. Make sure your client has 3 shape viewer so he can open your virtual models,hope this helps? Regards Patrick

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Its a very confusing workflow, yes especially if you are CB tech. If you need a team viewersession please PM me.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Thanks BetaLab, that was perfect.
Thank you for the offer Terry, maybe one day I will take you up on it :)

M

mst silva

Reaction score
what is the best ortho cad cam system in market .....3 shape or any one.....?

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
what is the best ortho cad cam system in market .....3 shape or any one.....?

What did you want to do? This will definitely have an influence on the "best".

Scan models and put Ortho Bases on?
Diagnostic setups?
Measurements?
Aligner Models?
CAD appliances?
Bracket placement?

There are a few systems out there, The ones well known are:

Maestro 3D Ortho Studio
3 Shape Ortho Analyser
Orchestrate
Motion View
Ortho Select

I think Ormco has software attached to its Intra Oral Scanner but Im not sure.

They all do different things, some better than others.