3Shape or Exo

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
3shape and Exocad. Both of them have their advantages and inconvenients.
3shape for classic works and exocad for implants.

No Exocad for single abutment designs. I like the design software for the single abutments much better.

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Have not had Exocad for too long yet. One thing I do know is if you want a removable die model you can not do it with Exocad. I have talked to Ron Snyder from InTech who prints all the 3M models and told me it could not be done many have tried but none have succeeded. I told him we could get it to work. But, he was right no matter what settings we tried could not get a consistent result. Only option is solid model with a separate die. Otherwise I like what I see with Exocad. Still using 3Shape for bulk of the work load though.
This is available in the latest version of Exocad.
If you're using an older version this link is from exocad expert page on FB

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr36sv77axzr7hc/NoPlateSolidExtraDies_V2.7z?dl=0

Hope i've typed it out all correctly as I couldn't seem to copy and paste from fb into this on my phone. Let me know if it works.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think its funny people think 'expert mode' is a exocad idea. You can go back and forth to any part of your design in 3shape using the box at the top, in fact its more intuitive than exocad. Whereas with exocad, this is a newer feature, no doubt added because it was a crucial part of dental designer.