3Shape network install

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
You can get a little bit more control if you edit the OrderFormCustomization.xml directly. I use things like pt. initials and designer initial in the Case ID.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
You can get a little bit more control if you edit the OrderFormCustomization.xml directly. I use things like pt. initials and designer initial in the Case ID.

Why not just set up techs who work on each case and then you can choose them from a drop-down menu.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Why not just set up techs who work on each case and then you can choose them from a drop-down menu.
Way too much work Kent. Lol but this would have to be assigned when the order is created or after scanning each designer has to right click on the file and assign tech, then apply their name. You think tech will do so. Lol I'm not designer I just design and nothing else, not even modify an order. Blahahahahaha.[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
This is Tommy, formerly of CMC. I agree with Sevan. The only thing I would change is to import ONLY the orders which you need in the database. Over the years I have seen databases and old order files filling up the hard drives on systems and slowing down production in the labs.
100% agree. Before you know it your database in the manager will be full again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
We have techs pick their name - using it in the case id makes that info available outside dental manager (ie. when just looking at the stl file). Using "ComponentLength" value in the xml can limit the string to initial character, just as with pt. last/first name. This just keeps the filenames from getting too long.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
We have techs pick their name - using it in the case id makes that info available outside dental manager (ie. when just looking at the stl file). Using "ComponentLength" value in the xml can limit the string to initial character, just as with pt. last/first name. This just keeps the filenames from getting too long.

That's all adjustable within the order form setup, what you choose your output to be.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
That's all adjustable within the order form setup, what you choose your output to be.
I've always thought the character limit was buggy because you can't overwrite the number or use the little arrows to change it, but apparently mouse wheel can do that. You learn something new everyday. Limiting the date/time/random number strings or defining fixed strings and spacing characters in some options is limited to the xml though.

Top Bottom