3shape Model Builder / iTero - Implant Model (emergence profile fill in)

O

Orite

Reaction score
Good day fellow techs, I have been experiencing a complication when importing iTero 3shape files into my 3shape model builder, when imported an stl showing the emergence profile, this hole within this is automatically being filled in either by 3shape or when exporting the file from iTero. Has anyone experienced this before & know of how to work around this?

Thanks in advance guys.

B

Brian442

Reaction score
import the iTero project, not the STLs

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
1. What version of 3shape?
2. How are you importing the itero files into 3shape?
3. Are you designing the abutment first of just printing the model right off the bat?

I have a specific worklow for itero implant cases.

Most of my docs only scan the arch with scan bodies, opposing and bite. For this work flow i import the file into 3shape. Change order to digital impression, select abutment type needed, add a model to order. Also add a gingival scan to the order. The two teeth icon next to pre op in the upper right are.

Then I press f4 on the case and go to scan upper or lower ad copy the Raw prepartaion scan and paste it making tho of the files. Then i rename the cop to this, AbutmentAlignmentScan Just like that caps and all. Now the case has a gingival scan. Also get rid of the pre op scan in the order.

Next step in design i extract the scan body in the sculpt on prep arch step. And using the wax knife tool create a mini socket, Just need the outline where the tissue is, Now you can align then scanbody and still have the model with the extracted scan body.

Workflow #2, i have the scan the arch with out a healing cap or scan body using the pre op scan, then the prep arch has the scan body. Same order setup as above. Then press f4 go to scans upper or lower as needed, then copy the name of the raw prepartion scan and at the same time rename that file to AbutmentAlignmentScan. Then rename the pre op with the copy of the file you just did. Now workflow is just like trios scan no need to extract anything.

If yo uhave screen caps post it so i have better understanding of what is happening.

O

Orite

Reaction score
1. What version of 3shape?
2. How are you importing the itero files into 3shape?
3. Are you designing the abutment first of just printing the model right off the bat?

I have a specific worklow for itero implant cases.

Most of my docs only scan the arch with scan bodies, opposing and bite. For this work flow i import the file into 3shape. Change order to digital impression, select abutment type needed, add a model to order. Also add a gingival scan to the order. The two teeth icon next to pre op in the upper right are.

Then I press f4 on the case and go to scan upper or lower ad copy the Raw prepartaion scan and paste it making tho of the files. Then i rename the cop to this, AbutmentAlignmentScan Just like that caps and all. Now the case has a gingival scan. Also get rid of the pre op scan in the order.

Next step in design i extract the scan body in the sculpt on prep arch step. And using the wax knife tool create a mini socket, Just need the outline where the tissue is, Now you can align then scanbody and still have the model with the extracted scan body.

Workflow #2, i have the scan the arch with out a healing cap or scan body using the pre op scan, then the prep arch has the scan body. Same order setup as above. Then press f4 go to scans upper or lower as needed, then copy the name of the raw prepartion scan and at the same time rename that file to AbutmentAlignmentScan. Then rename the pre op with the copy of the file you just did. Now workflow is just like trios scan no need to extract anything.

If yo uhave screen caps post it so i have better understanding of what is happening.
Thanks for you response, do you have any documentation for work around or work through? Step by step guide. Very new to this.

Many thanks for your responses again.

Orite

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Just right click in the Dental Manager software and Select Advance the Import.
Then choose the Itero Option

Screenshot (126).png
Screenshot (127).png

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thanks for you response, do you have any documentation for work around or work through? Step by step guide. Very new to this.

Many thanks for your responses again.

Orite
Which part(s)? lol How are you getting the itero file from the newer my itero portal or the older itero case manager?

Also if you are on face book please joint the 3Shape Study Group. You will get much better and faster help.

J

Joe99

Reaction score
Good day fellow techs, I have been experiencing a complication when importing iTero 3shape files into my 3shape model builder, when imported an stl showing the emergence profile, this hole within this is automatically being filled in either by 3shape or when exporting the file from iTero. Has anyone experienced this before & know of how to work around this?

Thanks in advance guys.
hi I have the same problem I called 3shape support and Argen support they don't know what is the problem they recommend reinstalling the 3shape, after too many cases I had issues I start to open my trio file for a smile and splint design create order and digitally scan the file by importing the trio file and design the case and model builder with no issue

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Sirmorty
I am attempting to follow your steps
All is fine until i click in itero to import

Attachments

• 61937831-F518-4DCA-829A-64DB9EA29BD6.jpeg
    61937831-F518-4DCA-829A-64DB9EA29BD6.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DDCFA4E4-A86B-49E6-9ADB-455D828265C4.jpeg
    DDCFA4E4-A86B-49E6-9ADB-455D828265C4.jpeg