3 shape license expiration questions

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So when your 3 shape expires do you lose all access to previous files scanned? Can I use a previous diagnostic wax up design for the newly prepped teeth?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
You don't lose access through the windows file system but as the 3shape programs will not run without an active dongle you won't be able to do anything with any of the data except remill old cases.

user name

user name

Reaction score
You don't lose access through the windows file system but as the 3shape programs will not run without an active dongle you won't be able to do anything with any of the data except remill old cases.
As long as the files are there, couldnt he still import a diagnostic to use in a new case?

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Just try starting 3shape or Exocad without the dongle in the computer.

You will see what happens.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
As long as the files are there, couldnt he still import a diagnostic to use in a new case?
Nope. The 3shape "dental desktop" or 'dental manager' won't even start without an active dongle. The only way to use old data would be to import it to a new software.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You can import the .dcm scan files into exocad or reuse your designs. You could try to find the glorygrace driver to use your scanner, but I think they are long gone.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You can import the .dcm scan files into exocad or reuse your designs. You could try to find the glorygrace driver to use your scanner, but I think they are long gone.
that driver got very well scrubbed from the internet. Unlike pirated movies there were not a lot of people interested or trading it to start, so it was easy.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Holy $H!%
I am regretting switching to exocad sooooooo much right now. The workflow and ability to make changes makes no sense to me. It's going to be a long learning curve.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Holy $H!%
I am regretting switching to exocad sooooooo much right now. The workflow and ability to make changes makes no sense to me. It's going to be a long learning curve.
it gets WAY easier real fast Riley! be patient!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Holy $H!%
It's called Post-Incarceration Syndrome. It will be OK. You will adjust to the freedoms you have now rather than being told how you can solve problems with CAD.

Maybe you know about this already? https://wiki.exocad.com/wiki/index.php/DentalCAD_Documentation_-_Index_of_topics
It's a great resource if you get stuck.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im not sure what it is, but the 3d rendering in exocad is not as good as 3shape, when you turn the model around it usually goes off the screen. And I know you can change it but the yellow color for the teeth is horrific. I have to look over it 3x to make sure its not too bulky. .. ive been using exo for years and still not any easier than 3shape.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Im not sure what it is, but the 3d rendering in exocad is not as good as 3shape, when you turn the model around it usually goes off the screen. And I know you can change it but the yellow color for the teeth is horrific. I have to look over it 3x to make sure its not too bulky. .. ive been using exo for years and still not any easier than 3shape.

I thought the same thing sometimes when I turn the design, but found if I click on one of the arrows on bottom right corner it
seems to me that it resets something. Then when I turn design it doesn’t somersault all goofy. Or maybe I’m just goofy?Dontknow

user name

user name

Reaction score
when you turn the model around it usually goes off the screen. And I know you can change it but the yellow color for the teeth is horrific.

Ha! 2th beat me to it.
Just use the scroll wheel...click it with the cursor located where you want the central pivot location to be, and everything will revolve around that point.

Theres little dispute that Im the least adaptive, least techno guy here. That said, Ive used 3Shape for years, and I love ExoCAD. It kicks butt.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hell, even I knew to push mouse wheel to center model where you want it. Losers
But the yellow color does suck. I started clicking that hideous trushade icon then right clicking it and selecting plaster everyonce and a while. better detail

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hell, even I knew to push mouse wheel to center model where you want it. Losers
But the yellow color does suck. I started clicking that hideous trushade icon then right clicking it and selecting plaster everyonce and a while. better detail
There you go...I didnt see the 'plaster' option.
You can go expert, cursor on the tooth and get a few options under visual properties too.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I thought the same thing sometimes when I turn the design, but found if I click on one of the arrows on bottom right corner it
seems to me that it resets something. Then when I turn design it doesn’t somersault all goofy. Or maybe I’m just goofy?Dontknow
you can reposition the axis of rotation for viewing. *edit* peeps beat me to it lol

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You guys have a wheel on your mouse?? I need to upgrade, im the mouse in the wheel..
1.jpg

Top Bottom