3Shape issues

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Wow, been awhile since I've been on here. Got a question for the group. Has anyone since they have done the update to 2019, noticed that there settings are off? So when we design a crown that's out off occlusion, we usually set(in 2018 software) at -.3mm, hit the preset auto button and it takes out the appropriate areas that need reduced. We've noticed since the update that the -.3mm is no longer enough. Now in the system we are having to take it to -.5mm. We can do cross sections and see visibly that the crown is out, but when it's gets milled and sintered, ceramists are having to grind. We had this dialed in before the update, and now all hell is breaking loose. If anyone can help me understand what is going on that would be awesome.
I don't believe it's a mill issue, because the fits are perfect. Unless MILLBOX decided to mill the occlusion different that the stl that's provided.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
use GOM inspection software to verify that.

scan your crown on the model, compare it with the design.

i'll bet your mill is having z axis issues before blaming 3shape.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It seems to me this has been posted before, by someone else regarding 2019 and this issue.
Not sure what the resolve was, but maybe a mill calibration 1st, like CHL said, and go from there.
For me, I'm skipping 2019 and will see what 20 has to offer, maybe even waiting for the 1st 20 patch, before upgrading.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'm almost 100% sure it's not the mills. Either CAD or CAM software. I'm using MILLBOX if that's an issue, maybe, maybe not.