3Shape issues

B

brmac321

Reaction score
Has anyone had recent 3Shape problems?

We had a problem with DM running very slow. 2019 recently updated. We installed a Nobel Elos library the other day and right away couldn’t open DM up. Support came on (through ivoclar) opened it up and all seemed fine. Next morning the computer wouldn’t start. Just a “repairing your computer” msg. One that I’ve never in my life seen.
Got our usual IT guy out and basically the whole computer had to be wiped clean! 3yrs worth!
Spent the whole of yesterday installing whole 3Shape systems, DMEs and phoning different manufacturers. This morning all was all good..... for about an hr then little glitches and not responding messages. Not sending to milling unit and libraries not acting like they should!
Left work at 5 tonight as they think there is a serious error with our 3Shape and nothing can be done till Tuesday! (Bank holiday weekend)
If any one else has a recent serious 3Shape problem I’d be very interested to hear about it???

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
could be your hard drive.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Either hard drive going bad (good opportunity to upgrade to SSD!) or an issue with Windows system files and/or drivers.
Since you already lost your data, I would just wipe and reinstall from scratch to start fresh. If you have a regular hard disk drive, keep it and add an SSD drive for your system install and use the mechanical disk for your data or daily backups.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had recent 3Shape problems?

We had a problem with DM running very slow. 2019 recently updated. We installed a Nobel Elos library the other day and right away couldn’t open DM up. Support came on (through ivoclar) opened it up and all seemed fine. Next morning the computer wouldn’t start. Just a “repairing your computer” msg. One that I’ve never in my life seen.
Got our usual IT guy out and basically the whole computer had to be wiped clean! 3yrs worth!
Spent the whole of yesterday installing whole 3Shape systems, DMEs and phoning different manufacturers. This morning all was all good..... for about an hr then little glitches and not responding messages. Not sending to milling unit and libraries not acting like they should!
Left work at 5 tonight as they think there is a serious error with our 3Shape and nothing can be done till Tuesday! (Bank holiday weekend)
If any one else has a recent serious 3Shape problem I’d be very interested to hear about it???
What did the usual IT guy say was the problem that it needed a nuke and redo?
That's heavy duty medicine these days.

Aside from drivers, which if you haven't added or changed any hardware recently shouldn't change. Normally.

Check your memory sticks also. They will corrupt data as it is accessed if one of them is bad.

Could be a lot of things.
Power supply / cooling issues, hd cable giving up under years of strain.

If you ever get another system error message take a picture of it with your phone.
Always take a picture of any error message, or write down exactly what it says.
Exactly, verbatim. It gives a lot of information that can help discover the fault(s).

Are you seeing issues in using the pc for any and all tasks?
Or just and only 3shape related tasks?

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Sing it with me Threeeeee shaaaaAaaAape Sucks

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Never had any issues since I sold my 3sheep system...lol Rofl

C

CJK Dental Lab

Reaction score
Its been pretty bad these couple months. Scanning and designing all make huge errors.

I

ITMGR

Reaction score
Have your 3Shape Reseller update you to DS 2019.2. Scanning faster, Design faster, Network faster.