3shape error

R

rubytoothful

Reaction score
Our lab had to import Sirona cam files to 3shape in order to redesign some cases to get them ready to outsource. One of the cases, once the design was finished, keeps throwing the error "Model is empty" and now won't let us proceed. Anyone had this problem before?

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I'm somewhat confused by what you were trying to do. I've seen "model is empty" before, but I don't recall relating it to a specific issue. If you could give a little more detail on the process of how things were imported into 3Shape it may help identify where the problem lies. I unfortunately wouldn't be surprised if you have to create a new case to get past, but there may at least be a way to salvage most of your work.

JVitto

JVitto

Reaction score
My 3 shape can n will be fickle trying to import somethings. I do not try an import the whole case at once I just import the scans after making the rx, But I think your saying you need to keep the design and adjust it a bit, can you save the scan from that case on to your desktop and rescan but do not scan just import those scans . As long as you do not loose the design it should work I think..lol make sure to copy the design just oin case

R

rubytoothful

Reaction score
I don't. We just had to force close 3shape and reboot.
I'm somewhat confused by what you were trying to do. I've seen "model is empty" before, but I don't recall relating it to a specific issue. If you could give a little more detail on the process of how things were imported into 3Shape it may help identify where the problem lies. I unfortunately wouldn't be surprised if you have to create a new case to get past, but there may at least be a way to salvage most of your work.
We did have to create a new case. This lab is using 3shape and Sirona to design, and Sirona inlab to mill. The oven broke, so we have to outsource our sintering to another lab and the require stl files so we had to redesign the sirona cases in 3shape.