3shape E4 vs D2000

A

Avillon007

Reaction score
Hi
If I plan to have a scanning technician, which scanner you would recommend?
would you recommend another brand other than 3shape?
Thank you

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
E4 ahdns down, I have an E3 and D2000 and the E3 is much easier to use and better for full arch big articulator cases. So the E4 is even faster! Go E4 red.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Been a user of 3Shape E scanner. I would go for the E4. It is super fast. Plus customer support is good ( apart from a reseller)

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
The E4 is technically faster, though I find most scanner techs can’t keep up with the speed to justify the extra cost. The time it takes to get stuff set up on the plates and make the order forms and everything the e4 ends up being the same speed. Avoid the d2000, the e4 saves a lot of time and is a lot more accurate when it comes to cases on articulators.
Also of note, a lot of the models of 3shape e series have not been scanning dpr10 properly. If you get this then just complain to 3shape and they’ll replace it for free for you.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
The E4 is technically faster, though I find most scanner techs can’t keep up with the speed to justify the extra cost. The time it takes to get stuff set up on the plates and make the order forms and everything the e4 ends up being the same speed. Avoid the d2000, the e4 saves a lot of time and is a lot more accurate when it comes to cases on articulators.
Also of note, a lot of the models of 3shape e series have not been scanning dpr10 properly. If you get this then just complain to 3shape and they’ll replace it for free for you.
Try using E1, it won’t be the same speed at all. To me its like a donkey and a horse, just speed comparison. I had used E1 two yrs ago. Now using E4 it is so much faster. Cut the time in half.

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
Try using E1, it won’t be the same speed at all. To me its like a donkey and a horse, just speed comparison. I had used E1 two yrs ago. Now using E4 it is so much faster. Cut the time in half.
I agree completely, I’ve used the E1 before and it’s as slow as the old d900s. The e3 though is very comparable in speed to the e4

also I just realized in my first post I meant to say the e4 is same speed as e3, oops.

Last edited:
M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score

I agree completely, I’ve used the E1 before and it’s as slow as the old d900s. The e3 though is very comparable in speed to the e4

also I just realized in my first post I meant to say the e4 is same speed as e3, oops.
No worries. I went from E1 to E4, when i first start using E4 its so fast now im used to the speed. Sometimes i wish its more faster. Lol. Couple months ago this E4 had a problem and had to send it for repair. I had to use the E1, o man it feels like its taking forever even just to scan a quad case. Scanning full arch is worse.