3shape E4 vs D2000 scanner

N

nkc

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a 3shape scanner but can't decide between the E4 scanner or the D2000 scanner. Any pros and cons about both these scanners people can share with me?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
D2000 you can scan both arches with 1 scan. E4 is open, no opening and closing of a door. I'm sure there both incredibly accurate, even beyond a mills tolorance and accuracy?

Sevan has a 2000, maybe he'll stop by and give you some feedback.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
We have D2000 and E3. If we had to buy one single scanner today, I would get the E4.
The dual arch scanning is convenient in the D2000, but in the end saves 5-10sec per case, tops.
The E scanners are much more fun to work with, no door to open and close, you can put in a full articulator, it's pretty much silent as well.
The D2000 sounds like R2D2 on drugs.

Get a Red Series E4, you'll thank me later!

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
go E4 all the way. it's mainly because of accessibility. you can scan full arches with the articulator attached. makes it a breeze. not to mention the speed factor. been using the E4 since July of 2019 and loving it. best of all, not dang door to open and close after every scan.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
D2000 you can scan both arches with 1 scan. E4 is open, no opening and closing of a door. I'm sure there both incredibly accurate, even beyond a mills tolorance and accuracy?

Sevan has a 2000, maybe he'll stop by and give you some feedback.
I do but you cant scan both arches in one scan, it does one then hops to the next. But I would go E4 Way faster and you get to scan the whole articulation instead of using the articulator plates. D2000 is phasing out.