3Shape E3 buy now or later?

N

NDA

Reaction score
So I have decided to finally move on to a new scanner from my 7 years old scanner that takes 15 minutes or more to scan one case.... I have decided E3 may be the best option. This brings up the question when to buy. Do you guys think it would be best to wait until Chicago LMT Lab day to get the deal (closest to me)? Or there won't be much difference buying now? Also, I'm all ears to any other scanners you guys recommend.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
silly question....why the E3?
i ask because i am in the same position, but the E3 isnt really on my radar.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Im curious too? Going to be upgrading next year, so asking questions now

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Sometimes the 4th quarter promotions from some of the companies can be just as good as Chicago. Check with Ivoclar
or Argen as far as 3Shape and see if they have anything going on.

R

reqvaa

Reaction score
i want D1000, but my friends from Germany offer to choose medit or something not 3shape .. dont know what to do (d700 user and kavo Arctica Autoscan user:confused:)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i want D1000, but my friends from Germany offer to choose medit or something not 3shape .. dont know what to do (d700 user and kavo Arctica Autoscan user:confused:)
i am a d700 user as well. graduating to exocad seems the most logical route.

N

NDA

Reaction score
Well, I'm going towards 3Shape products mainly because well... everyone seems to be using it and everyone is saying good things about it. Why E3? Well, I was initially considering D1000 for its high accuracy and speed, but when I talked to several resellers (Zahn, Ivoclar, 3DBioCAD),they all recommended E3 rather than D1000. One thing they said was E3 will be getting updates/upgrades (?) that D1000 won't be getting. They said if I'm really going for D1000, they would rather recommend D2000 because comparing the price and specs of D1000 and D2000, D2000 is much better option. But I think D2000 is honestly overkill since my lab is small. Maybe they are promoting E3 because it's fairly new? I'm not sure. So basically the resellers talked me out of D1000 into E3. Which one are you considering?

Last edited:
N

NDA

Reaction score
DOF! Then take the rest of your money and take a vacation.
Yes, DoF and 3Shape was the main two scanners I was looking into. DOF is very popular in Korea (where I'm from) and I heard amazing things about it. One thing that concerns me is that there aren't many resellers in America. Isn't Imilling the only reseller here? I just thought that I could find much better deals when there are more resellers. Still, I'm very much interested in DOF as well. Is there someone who used both? What do you guys think of them?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
NDA,

I hope you will also consider a Medit scanner. We have two models: T300 and T500. Both include <7 micron accuracy and are bundled with colLab scan software with free updates and no annual fees. Medit scanners work seamlessly with Exocad software and can also output .stl files oriented correctly for other dental CAD software.

The T300 comes with a 2 yr warranty (extendable to 4 yrs),model, impression and multi-die scanning. Full arch scans take just 24 seconds.
The T500 includes all the above plus a 4 year warranty, flexible multi-die, automatic double sided impression scanning, articulator and color texture scanning. Full arch scans in only 12 seconds.

Our reseller network is running year end promotions to save you money now. Medit and our resellers will also be in Chicago.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to ask any questions or talk with a Medit reseller.

-Glenn

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Well, I'm going towards 3Shape products mainly because well... everyone seems to be using it and everyone is saying good things about it. Why E3? Well, I was initially considering D1000 for its high accuracy and speed, but when I talked to several resellers (Zahn, Ivoclar, 3DBioCAD),they all recommended E3 rather than D1000. One thing they said was E3 will be getting updates/upgrades (?) that D1000 won't be getting. They said if I'm really going for D1000, they would rather recommend D2000 because comparing the price and specs of D1000 and D2000, D2000 is much better option. But I think D2000 is honestly overkill since my lab is small. Maybe they are promoting E3 because it's fairly new? I'm not sure. So basically the resellers talked me out of D1000 into E3. Which one are you considering?

I'm not sure how much is sales in how companies promote or sell one over the other, but I'm very happy with my D1000.
I traded up about a year ago (before the E series was launched) from a D500. So it was all good. For my 1 man lab,
I thought the D2000 was overkill as well.

I'm not sure what the E series can do, and what the default software is? Check into those comparisons.

I like the flow of 3Shape, I think with Exocad it's a little more clicking and ticking. Exo has some nice
finer grain control abilities, and less glitches, but again, it seems like it does more in single steps, than 3Shapes
doing more in it's steps. You'll pay about 2 times as much for yearly (3Shape Premium) software updates and module updates
compared to Exocad. Even though with Exocad you can skip a year on it's scan design software, you would have to pay the
years you skipped to get current. So really, it's nice to keep it current, as they do have some nice updates that can come in handy.

I do like 3Shapes anatomy library.

If I had extra cash, I'd probably get a Medit (even though I like DOF) scanner from Jensen due to their support, and just to see
what Exocad has to offer. When I bought my D500, 3Shape was the gorilla on the block. Would I buy 3Shape again, maybe, maybe
not, but I'm so used to it, and again, I like it's scan/design flow.

If I misrepresented Exocad in any way, there are members here who will kindly help to correct my error(s) :)

Last edited:
rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Yes, DoF and 3Shape was the main two scanners I was looking into. DOF is very popular in Korea (where I'm from) and I heard amazing things about it. One thing that concerns me is that there aren't many resellers in America. Isn't Imilling the only reseller here? I just thought that I could find much better deals when there are more resellers. Still, I'm very much interested in DOF as well. Is there someone who used both? What do you guys think of them?

You need anything DOF talk to @Brent Harvey. They are here in the United States

C

CKRDL

Reaction score
NDA,

I hope you will also consider a Medit scanner. We have two models: T300 and T500. Both include <7 micron accuracy and are bundled with colLab scan software with free updates and no annual fees. Medit scanners work seamlessly with Exocad software and can also output .stl files oriented correctly for other dental CAD software.

The T300 comes with a 2 yr warranty (extendable to 4 yrs),model, impression and multi-die scanning. Full arch scans take just 24 seconds.
The T500 includes all the above plus a 4 year warranty, flexible multi-die, automatic double sided impression scanning, articulator and color texture scanning. Full arch scans in only 12 seconds.

Our reseller network is running year end promotions to save you money now. Medit and our resellers will also be in Chicago.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to ask any questions or talk with a Medit reseller.

-Glenn
@Glenn Kennedy , please PM me to discuss your line of scanners. Thanks! Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the new Kavo LS3 scanner? I have heard its awesome,( 2nd hand info) but cant seem to find any info about it? I do know that Nobel is replacing the 2G scanner with it?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
shining 3d is only 5K
starting at 5k, yes.
they dont look too shabby either. had planned on one this Q but had some pretty large and unexpected issues arise in the lab and on the homestead.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
He who must not be named is using the shining gear now too, which makes me think it's worth a close look.

Top Bottom