3Shape Dongle Location

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
Was wondering where I could find our 3Shape dongle number? I came in after it was setup here and no one knows it either ... I'm trying to setup an account for the 3Shape community and tried the number on the 3Shape flash drive but it said that it wasn't valid ...

P

Porchdog

Reaction score
Shopping for a digital Denture set up for my lab, 1 young rookie and 2 old guys that swear they can’t convert (we’ll see, lol) computers are not quite up our alley so don’t beat me up for stupid questions please. Can a 3shape scanner run exocad and not have a yearly fee for 3shape? Or is 3shape a good way to go? Can most any scanner run 3shape, exocad ect? Basically just looking for a good lab scanner and printer (heard Asiga UV was good?) what computer will I have to get to make all this fancy stuff run right and communicate? Who even dares jump in on these questions, thanks for any help.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Better keep your leash on as it's going to get high speed tech here. I am also not great with computers, so I will only say 3shape scanners don't run anything. That's to say a scanner is just that, it scans a model(or whatever),in 3D and that is put into some kind of software. It helps when the software is from the same company, but isn't always necessary. That being said , I'll let the pros take over your thread. It'll be fine, as long as you partner with a good reseller with very good and reliable support. My 2cents

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'd rather be fishing with Mike, than sit in front of a screen all day.
I suggest you test drive exo and 3 Shape at a trade show to see what works for you.
Both cost you money .Digital sucks

E

escallejas

Reaction score
Shopping for a digital Denture set up for my lab, 1 young rookie and 2 old guys that swear they can’t convert (we’ll see, lol) computers are not quite up our alley so don’t beat me up for stupid questions please. Can a 3shape scanner run exocad and not have a yearly fee for 3shape? Or is 3shape a good way to go? Can most any scanner run 3shape, exocad ect? Basically just looking for a good lab scanner and printer (heard Asiga UV was good?) what computer will I have to get to make all this fancy stuff run right and communicate? Who even dares jump in on these questions, thanks for any help.

There is an event in Canada for about the good the bad and the ugly happening next month... it would be a good place to see all these denturists speak about their experience and what works and what doesn't. It's a large groupe of denturists that will speak there too, and open forum...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
porchdog, 3shape scanners must have licensed 3shape software to run it, you can import into exocad but you would be paying for both. 3shape is a good solution for beginners, exo is a bit more advanced for the computer illiterate, IMO. Its apples and oranges, samsung and apple, 3shape and exo. Both do what you need it to do in the end.
It could be hard to translate your denture skills into CAD design skills. Clicking a mouse is quite a bit different than a spatula and flame. I think many people are thinking this will save them time, and I think they quite possibly could be faster doing it the old fashioned way. Just a different way to skin the cat.