3Shape Die Spacer

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hello :)

Is there any way in 2016 on a single unit to have 3Shape stop after doing the die spacer before it goes right into design, just to get a 2nd visual confirmation of the margin?

In doing 2 units, I can at least confirm the one. I know I can also take away the die and look inside in design, it's just nice to see if there is any undercut issues more quickly before going to the next step. I had one last week where I didn't notice that it was pulled away from the margin (undercut) till I was in design for awhile, but I was able to easily go back to margin marking and correct it.

cement spacer.JPG

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
wish i could help, but everything has been telling me to stay away from '16. so here i sit, one of the last holdouts on 2014

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Which probably isn't a bad idea, as I'm not using some of the features in 2016 that are supposed to make it faster. I still scan all my dies individually
and not in the model (D1000) as trying to manipulate spline lines, especially with 2-4 preps in a row, was driving me nuts.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
CHL, don't you just love it when you can offer a solution with just one word?

Thank you :) :)

preview.JPG

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
jEFm6s5.jpg

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Lol, preview then enable them in the difference map tab enable thickness and it will show you a color map of where drill comp and die spacer are applied.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you for the follow up helpful tip, Sevan, I appreciate it :)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
What's also nice is that you can hit Preview in margin marking, so that you don't have to back track from Die Interface Preview to change a margin or to see where you're at, you can do it right there in margin marking.

preview.JPG

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
But of course you can...rub it in, user name :D:D

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Hello :)

Is there any way in 2016 on a single unit to have 3Shape stop after doing the die spacer before it goes right into design, just to get a 2nd visual confirmation of the margin?

In doing 2 units, I can at least confirm the one. I know I can also take away the die and look inside in design, it's just nice to see if there is any undercut issues more quickly before going to the next step. I had one last week where I didn't notice that it was pulled away from the margin (undercut) till I was in design for awhile, but I was able to easily go back to margin marking and correct it.

View attachment 24688
Thanks for asking. I have wondered about this myself.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm glad it helped you, too :) I'm finding out, when in doubt, the Preview button is our friend :)

Top Bottom