3shape denture module vs Exocad denture module

C

cardonadd

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Happy new year! First post here. I am considering taking a leap into the digital denture world. What are your experiences with denture CAD software? Especially with 3shape and Exocad. I know Dentsply Sirona came out with a denture module with inLab 20 as well. I read a lot of people like Exocad but haven't head much on the denture side. I know 3shape is popular but expensive. Thanks in advance!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
they are pretty similar, both offer you milled vs printed outputs, both lock you into (or out of) certain libraries for certain workflows.

they both hold your hand through each process..they are both extra modules bought separately.

exocad has a slightly nicer advanced toolkit and flexible worflow though. so thats not really a great sellingpoint because its not as though you use that toolkit on every case. its just easier in exocad to fix a fundamental order form mistake than it is in 3shape.

C

caninecommando

Reaction score
as someone who uses exocad denture module daily: its absolute garbage.

seriously, its the worst software I have ever used. I don't mind the other modules, but the denture module is a dumpster fire riddled with bugs. It is nowhere near as streamlined as 3shape. not even close. exocad doesn't have the ability to duplicate dentures or a built in workflow for updating a case with a wash impression or bite remount. 3shape has both of those. you can do those things in exocad, but you have to do convoluted work arounds that are require a good amount of experience and comfort.
As much as I like exoplan and some of the other exocad modules, the denture module is outright broken. The hipster troll that sold it to me openly admitted its broken after I complained to him it didn't work right. The nerve of some people.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

seriously, its the worst software I have ever used. I don't mind the other modules, but the denture module is a dumpster fire riddled with bugs. It is nowhere near as streamlined as 3shape. not even close. exocad doesn't have the ability to duplicate dentures or a built in workflow for updating a case with a wash impression or bite remount. 3shape has both of those. you can do those things in exocad, but you have to do convoluted work arounds that are require a good amount of experience and comfort.
As much as I like exoplan and some of the other exocad modules, the denture module is outright broken. The hipster troll that sold it to me openly admitted its broken after I complained to him it didn't work right. The nerve of some people.
Hipster troll?! Oh, you're gonna fit right in.

C

caninecommando

Reaction score
Is that a good or a bad thing? Lol

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@caninecommando
Congrats! You're now a full member!
This means 3 things:

You can begin Private messages. You'll find a little envelope icon near the top right corner of the window between the alert bell and your avatar picture.

You can now upload images directly or just use links using the image upload function in the line of icons above the post text entry box. It's the landscape type image right of the two links of chain.

I can't count

doug

doug

Reaction score

Send this exact message to Tillman. He's listening to everything that Excoad users say

C

cardonadd

Reaction score

Good to know! I'll definitely take a closer look into 3shape. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with me.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
though i would be absolutely amazed if he even knew about this little corner of the internet at all. he doesn't even show his face at the mostly defunct 3d dental forum either.