3shape Class Action

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
But the only issue with this is you have no choice, it is there. this is why mrcadcam is crying about. This should be an option FC give to all their client and they can install the dme and it will appear then. And i agree on that part. Shouldn't be defaulted cause most don't use them. Yes it saves FC users time and this is a good tool for those that use FC. But untill 3shape owns FC it should only be installed per user via a DME from FC.
Still, it's a little button on the top toolbar. I don't understand why it's such a big deal. Making a mountain out of a molehill.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
There is some legitimacy to it though, because sooooo many people who are new to cadcam tend to also be new to 3shape, and that big button at the top for FC can be construed as unfair advantge of one place - FC - to earn business over traditional and paid partnerships in 3shapecommunicate.

I thought fc was already owned by 3shape tho.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Feb 22, 2018 press release:
"...3Shape has made an investment in U.S. design services company, FullContour."

FullContour interview:

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
See, i'm not so crazy as you think i am.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Oh, we don't think it, we know it...lol, just kidding, CHL :)

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Still, it's a little button on the top toolbar. I don't understand why it's such a big deal. Making a mountain out of a molehill.

Bryce the main arguing factor here is FC is on by default, But where is Argen, Glidewell, CMC, Cored3d, And anyone who has a uploading portal to accept 3shape files? They are out by default and all have a DME that included a quick link icon once the DME in installed. To me i don't care, but to others it is something else. Whip mix could make their own but then felt left out it is not on there by default!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Just open up your control panel and remove them from your 3rd party applications. Easy peasy!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think this is more related to 3Shape's dispute with Invisalign.
They are providing the drs with an alternative option.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
the video uses the word lab a lot but they dont really want the lab work ,much they are after the dentist. just like we all are, it seems to me they are trying to be sirona and invisaline.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
------
-------
It is important to remember that there are currently more than 200,000 practicing dentists in the United States and by my estimate only about 6500 labs that service more than 3 regular accounts -- Dental Technology has become more like golf - we she be playing against ourselves just as much (if not more) than we should be playing against our competitors.

the video uses the word lab a lot but they dont really want the lab work ,much they are after the dentist. just like we all are, it seems to me they are trying to be sirona and invisaline.

They realize the bigger source of revenue are the Dr's more then the labs, which are continuing to decline due to retirement, throwing in the towel or
merging.

edit:sp

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Lawsuit against 3shape? You should read the terms and conditions you agree to when you start the software.. It removes any liability from them for most everything Id guess..

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Lawsuit against 3shape? You should read the terms and conditions you agree to when you start the software.. It removes any liability from them for most everything Id guess..
I'd guess there are less than 10000 maniacs, er... people, who read those for every piece of software they use.

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
Well that didnt take long and could be seen that now your CAD vendor is your competitor. If you didnt get Fullcontours email im sure you can find it. Hey 3shape how about some F'ing updates to your ****e 2020 Version you put out.

How do you like it now Whipmix? unless your whole design team consists of just using FullContour then i guess your fine with it and would make since it didnt bother you before

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
There is some legitimacy to it though, because sooooo many people who are new to cadcam tend to also be new to 3shape, and that big button at the top for FC can be construed as unfair advantge of one place - FC - to earn business over traditional and paid partnerships in 3shapecommunicate.

I thought fc was already owned by 3shape tho.
No different than Netscape having a Yahoo button for most at the time.

Top Bottom