3shape Class Action

user name

user name

Reaction score
Never let common sense get in the way of a fight. Buy that guy some shots and tell him his girlfriends kinda fat.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Im using 19.3 and was doing the beta before the official release i don't see anything Full Contour on and toolbar, please show in pics. Honestly it isn't a huge deal, not like they are forcing you to send design to them, just a interface to quickly get cases to FC most likely. But in reality how cares!

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
You said in new update 19.3...Drs don't have dental manager as labs do. So a dr will never ever see that icon unless they have their own design software and in that case they would be designing their own.

We do work for several dentists that utilize a 3shape lab scanner so no they will see it when they update. 3shape sells Scan Only boxes too like other scanners. Dentists are gobbling up new equipment faster than you realize.

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
Im using 19.3 and was doing the beta before the official release i don't see anything Full Contour on and toolbar, please show in pics. Honestly it isn't a huge deal, not like they are forcing you to send design to them, just a interface to quickly get cases to FC most likely. But in reality how cares!
1573779588081.png

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
So let them. When they cry about fc quality, step up. If all you are prepared to do is complain, cry a little harder to elicit emotional response from this robot.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

WOW for reals? Do you know how any of this works? This is NOT a default option i have 19.3 installed at home AND at work neither of them have this. This are installed when you install the FullContour DME. AND YES Argen has it, they show up once you install their DME! These are quick launch icons simply linked to their web location. I create one for straumann so I could open straumanns webshop. Stop crying cause it is not by default or I would have it. Here is my home install of 19.3.
19.3 default.jpg

G

grantoz

Reaction score
protest by changing to exocad thats what lot of companies are doing.not just labs either

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
WOW for reals? Do you know how any of this works? This is NOT a default option i have 19.3 installed at home AND at work neither of them have this. This are installed when you install the FullContour DME. AND YES Argen has it, they show up once you install their DME! These are quick launch icons simply linked to their web location. I create one for straumann so I could open straumanns webshop. Stop crying cause it is not by default or I would have it. Here is my home install of 19.3.
View attachment 34253
Once again someone who skims instead of reading, yes in my original post if you connect with a manufacturer you probably will get a portal put on your toolbar. We have placed our own internal portals on the toolbar. FYI....More outsource portals you have up there the less work you are actually producing. The "whats new" says nothing about having to install a separate DME to get the FC portal, just says its there. Heck Beta testers might not even get it, how do you beta test a direct link, pretty sure 1 guy/gal needs to test that one? You can say I'm crying all you want, but humans and especially dr.s can be super lazy and take the easy route.

So if your client has a button on their homepage that connects to a design service that does about 98%(probably more now(only things non-digital in our office is same day flipper, add to, and traditional relines(yes you can do digital relines)) of the dental products you produce and inside that portal once its designed they can have it sent to manufacture(Argen and Straumann which you have portals for are there) that's conveniently located within that portal, how much work do you think you could possibly lose out on? Since you have portals on your toolbar, I know you're not listed as manufacture in FC. Albeit maybe people don't get that portal installed when they update their 3shape system but do you really want to roll the dice that everyone has got all the equipment they need and won't be buying anything new which could have that preinstalled?

You can also take the stance that FC design work sucks and you have nothing to worry because your designs are soo much better. Well, people have been making that statement for DECADES about Glidewell, and what I guess they don't exist anymore? It's about convenience, and you as an owner if you are one, have been given a direct disadvantage. I don't care what lab you are C&B, Denture, Ortho, Full service, this does affect you and is only a starting point what could come

protest by changing to exocad thats what lot of companies are doing.not just labs either

We have exocad as well, but we have too many trios clients to abandon 3shape so im not sure how it will help.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Once again someone who skims instead of reading, yes in my original post if you connect with a manufacturer you probably will get a portal put on your toolbar. We have placed our own internal portals on the toolbar. FYI....More outsource portals you have up there the less work you are actually producing. The "whats new" says nothing about having to install a separate DME to get the FC portal, just says its there. Heck Beta testers might not even get it, how do you beta test a direct link, pretty sure 1 guy/gal needs to test that one? You can say I'm crying all you want, but humans and especially dr.s can be super lazy and take the easy route.

So if your client has a button on their homepage that connects to a design service that does about 98%(probably more now(only things non-digital in our office is same day flipper, add to, and traditional relines(yes you can do digital relines)) of the dental products you produce and inside that portal once its designed they can have it sent to manufacture(Argen and Straumann which you have portals for are there) that's conveniently located within that portal, how much work do you think you could possibly lose out on? Since you have portals on your toolbar, I know you're not listed as manufacture in FC. Albeit maybe people don't get that portal installed when they update their 3shape system but do you really want to roll the dice that everyone has got all the equipment they need and won't be buying anything new which could have that preinstalled?

You can also take the stance that FC design work sucks and you have nothing to worry because your designs are soo much better. Well, people have been making that statement for DECADES about Glidewell, and what I guess they don't exist anymore? It's about convenience, and you as an owner if you are one, have been given a direct disadvantage. I don't care what lab you are C&B, Denture, Ortho, Full service, this does affect you and is only a starting point what could come

We have exocad as well, but we have too many trios clients to abandon 3shape so im not sure how it will help.

Ok just got an email, this option will show in only US and Canada. Why it is not in my install they do now know.

BUT in all honesty is it that big of a freaking deal? If so then try to go into the control panel and remove it if it is installed that way. People make all these huge deal like why?

The more outsource tool you have your producing less? LOL really this is too funny. simply ignore it nothing forcing you to use every button in the software. This is like saying why does photoshop have all these option, it stops me from editing my photos better.......LOL do you hear yourself? You really want to bite the issue in the ass? It's not 3shape you go after, it is fed government and or state level regulations. I'm not a CDT and my boss is. A while ago i said i'm gonna get my CDT, his response. don't bother cause without regulation telling doctors they can not do this and or and milling centers saying they can't accept files from dr's. Your precious CDT title aint worth **** if there is not regulations backing it up and regulating the industry. Not bang CDT's there are amazing but it is sad that the industry went the wau it did All due to a single CDT we all hate! This industry is so poorly regulated on the lab side, we as a industry must fix this!

Simply ignore it nothing you can do and i doubt a class action will even make it anywhere. I personally don't see it an issue. Also in order to use it you will need to set up and acount and also set that info up in the control panel as well. So....................

MAFCDL

MAFCDL

Reaction score

I think it's important to remember that as a business owner we aren't "Given" anything - our actions dictate the fate of our organizations. If you feel this is a true disadvantage to your company, I recommend paying 3Shape to place a shortcut to your lab right next to the FullContour button. Companies don't go out of business because of the actions of their competitors - they go out of business because the owner fails to react properly to the actions of their competitors.

My second recommendation would be Yoga. There is no place in business (or in your life) for this level of rage.

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
Im not angry at all, your misinterpreting words on a screen that you're taking as anger within yourself, I'm just trying to inform people of wrongdoing and obviously ignorance seems to be bliss with some users. Sure you can delete it in the control panel, but you can also download chrome or any other browser on the market, but the majority of people dont spend the time and use the preinstalled IE. If you knew anything about antitrust law you would know how that worked out for Microsoft.

I get the ZEN man Yes sure paying 3shape to get our office or your office listed on someone's homepage might be the case, but where does that stop. Obviously you guys don't think you have a dog in the fight but you do you just don't see it yet.

SevanP just because your boss says not to get your CDT doesn't mean it's not worth doing, be your own person. Our state doesn't require it, not sure if yours does since your boss has his CDT but doing work preformed from states that require it is not legal. Most legitimate dentists will ask for your Cert.

Call me the whiny old POS I don't care, the whole point of this is when other companies that are actually pushing volume out the door notice these things in their system or their clients, Google will have crawled it and will start conversations. Best of luck to you all

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Uhm, wow.

1: The button is not there by default.
2: To get the button to be there you instal the DME from Full Contour. Which means you must already be interested in working with them.

3:internet explorer is dead, or at least a zombie. Unsupported. It's not installed by default unless you just opened your copy of Windows 8 recently.

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
I've checked on several 19.3 installations. It is not a default option.

Last edited:
Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

Yes this is true,m but it will be there. I actually emailed my contact asking why it was implied, just to aid those that use FC. I said understandable but honestly this should of been done in a DME FC customers can get via FC not implemented for the masses as a suggestion to ease the tension of people like MRCADCAM. Only makes it fair. But it is funny how this triggered this topic. A good laugh really.

Mrcadcam: I understand your concern but seriously doesn't stop you from doing what you gotta do does it?

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Some people are so busy they seek help with certain things like crown designs and need that to be integrated into their workflow as conveniently as possible. Some consider that a tool and some consider it a weapon. So goes the coachman into battle with the motor.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Some people are so busy they seek help with certain things like crown designs and need that to be integrated into their workflow as conveniently as possible. Some consider that a tool and some consider it a weapon. So goes the coachman into battle with the motor.

But the only issue with this is you have no choice, it is there. this is why mrcadcam is crying about. This should be an option FC give to all their client and they can install the dme and it will appear then. And i agree on that part. Shouldn't be defaulted cause most don't use them. Yes it saves FC users time and this is a good tool for those that use FC. But untill 3shape owns FC it should only be installed per user via a DME from FC.

Top Bottom