3shape calibration failed

A

Arpad

Reaction score
Hi all,

Having an issue with my 3shape D710 scanner. I was trying to calibrate it. It goes through smoothly with the mirror light calibration but when it gets to the second step to place in the calibration block it thinks for few second an an error message pops up:
Exeption: Calibration failed. Model requirements are not met (composite or axes).
Is there anyone had same issue before?

A

Arpad

Reaction score
Thank you Affinity. Anywhere I was searching for this error message couldn't find anything. Just got the scanner on Friday so it's a but frustrating.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Call support as they can run an calibration/alignment scan from a password protected file in a 3Shape folder.
Not saying it will resolve it, but it's kind of a broad range fix.

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Had similar issue with my 700 back in the day..
I resolved it by adding a dedicated internal USB board to the PC. We tried all of the standard slots and none would work consistently. After adding the board, we had no troubles.... just a thought and hopefully resolves your issue...
Cheers.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
There are several threads here to troubleshoot those issues, but we would have to have access to the pc and scanner to be able to help...

G

GarryB

Reaction score
We had the same problem last year. I got in touch with our sellers support and they talked me through some steps to calibrate (not the usual calibration steps). The problem was corrected fairly quickly.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@Arpad were you or support able to figure this one out, yet? Just curious :)

A

Arpad

Reaction score
There are several threads here to troubleshoot those issues, but we would have to have access to the pc and scanner to be able to help...
How could you have access to the pc and scanner? Where are you based?

A

Arpad

Reaction score
@Arpad were you or support able to figure this one out, yet? Just curious :)
Not yet. Been extremely busy recently. Will try to call support. I had spoke to spomeone today but until I swich my license to their own company's they wont even talk to me... 🤨

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Not yet. Been extremely busy recently. Will try to call support. I had spoke to spomeone today but until I swich my license to their own company's they wont even talk to me... 🤨
What about calling the group with the current license?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Yikes, I feel for you. Thanks for posting back, I didn't mean to rush you, but for me in this day and age I'd be lost without a scanner for more than 3 days.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Here is what I was talking about in my post # 4, and maybe what GarryB was alluding to in his case?

If you can access that file from C:/ -> Program Files -> 3Shape -> ScanSuite and the PLab file (.exe) without needing a password, give it a try.
Be sure to have the calibration object in the scanner, first.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Do you happen to know the pw for the scanner definition, when you set up a new scanserver, I forgot it..

P

pssyhossyss

Reaction score
Do you happen to know the pw for the scanner definition, when you set up a new scanserver, I forgot it..
I need drivers, can you send me the files, problem with no image Data,stream command failed on D700 after update ?