3Shape articulator for Exocad

B

bigluvin69

Reaction score
So I have a 3shape articulator for 3D printed models. I prefer the model builder in Exocad. Does anyone have the articulator files for Exocad?

E

erzdaemon

Reaction score
Did you mean the attachment STL?
check here

Hi Laura,

ty for your answer but i am confused still.

Yes i am searching the atttachments of the 3shape articulator and how to use them in exocad model creator ( looks like there's a complex xml for configuration ) .

Don't know about the vertex-things, just looking for the articulator interface ( working in correct relation then ofc).

Edit: Easy Workaround maybe to take the original articulator file and use model height 32mm, i'll try around a little

Last edited:
W

Willard

Reaction score
I think nobel biocare uses the 3 shape articulator , maybe they have it for exocad?

E

erzdaemon

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

interesting playing around with the attachments, any documentation availlable on them?

Here's what i got so far:

in DentalCADApp\library\modelcreator\attachments i added a folder for 3ShapeArticulator and put in the orignal from 3shape and did edit another config.xml as attached.

i can place attachments correct height ( model height in model creator set to 32) for both jaws, but they are not "fixed together" in x and y yet.
Watch out they are not mirrored, they are rotated ( indention ).

Hopefully someone else has also fun to play around with this.

Just drop the attached files into > yourexocadfolder/DentalCADApp\library\modelcreator\attachments\3ShapeArticulator (unzip config.xml).
You can play with the attachments "live", changes will be loaded when clicking on "add attachment" in Model Creator.

Hack The Planet!

Cheers

Attachments

• 3shape_Articulator.stl
    586.2 KB · Views: 31
  • config.zip
    573 bytes · Views: 15
E

erzdaemon

Reaction score
Update,

replace config.xml with the attached update (unzip) to get both in correct relation.
Don't forget to set articulator height to 32mm ( working on this ).

cheers

Attachments

• config_update.zip
    591 bytes · Views: 19
E

erzdaemon

Reaction score
Another little update with an extended connector so it should fit most cases now (sufficient if you only need the teeth, maybe insufficient if you need full uper jaw including gingiva).

All files needed included, follow instructions of post #6.

Don't forget to always set articulator height to 32 mm !!!
No dynamic solution atm...

Cheers

P.S.: if anyone can teach me how to dynamically extend those Mesh-Faces via that config file i am up for this :D

Attachments

• 3ShapeArticulator.zip
    211.6 KB · Views: 4