3Shape and Trios

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
just the whole process... even to get them to send you the first file is retarded. they don't respond quickly.
we are doing mostly carestream, so wasn't a big deal for us

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Are there any fees to receive these files ? Per case, yearly ? If I wanted to say start receiving Itero files ? The extra fees LabGuy is incurring would not go over to well with the accounts. I guess what I"m asking is , Is there a basic rule of thumb for additional charges for files being sent from the Dr. ? You mention additional model and die marking. Any other to consider ? Thanks
for trios no, and it isnt even necessary to become "trios ready." i'm not and i do cases all the time. its like LRF or DAMAS certification. you pay someone so they can come review your paperwork and they let you put a sign in your window. whoop de freakin doo. the letters don't mean anything except "i'm a sucker with a bunch of money i don't need"

for iTero there are additional costs in the form of settng up an account with iTero. they mark margins and make models and you have to ask them NOT to do this, to avoid its inherent cost, but the model fee is billed to the DDS anyway and its part of their sales pitch so the DDS should already understand the cost and have that in mind when considering the billing of the patient. nobody in their right mind buys an iTero (at 25k$) and then complains about the model fee.

but if you want to use 3shape software to make digital models for printing then yes there is an additional yearly cost, you need to buy the ModelBuilder addon with the AllScans feature (which is a misnomer because you can't actually work with all scans)

anyway on the Trios no there is no additional cost to sending files. not unless you absolutely want to work with something other than 3shape in the design phase.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
we outsource our model design "from scans" to avoid buying "all scans" and "model builder" very cost effective. $7 a model for design and avoiding the module fees from 3shape works out well

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
for trios no, and it isnt even necessary to become "trios ready." i'm not and i do cases all the time. its like LRF or DAMAS certification. you pay someone so they can come review your paperwork and they let you put a sign in your window. whoop de freakin doo. the letters don't mean anything except "i'm a sucker with a bunch of money i don't need"

for iTero there are additional costs in the form of settng up an account with iTero. they mark margins and make models and you have to ask them NOT to do this, to avoid its inherent cost, but the model fee is billed to the DDS anyway and its part of their sales pitch so the DDS should already understand the cost and have that in mind when considering the billing of the patient. nobody in their right mind buys an iTero (at 25k$) and then complains about the model fee.

but if you want to use 3shape software to make digital models for printing then yes there is an additional yearly cost, you need to buy the ModelBuilder addon with the AllScans feature (which is a misnomer because you can't actually work with all scans)

anyway on the Trios no there is no additional cost to sending files. not unless you absolutely want to work with something other than 3shape in the design phase.

Luke , I look at it this way. The more Trios Ready labs registered and listed is a good thing because it signals to the dentists that choosing a Trios will be backed up by a multitude of labs.

Remember that to become exo ready, you must complete a series of skill testing questions in the form of a game show...like this one:

S

Streetglider1965

Reaction score
Which brings up another question. I have a client a little butt hurt with me right now because I have an added fee ($50) for anything Tru-Def sent to me. Reason being is that the Doc hasn't done enough TruDef cases with me for me to get the margin marking signed off by 3M in my lab, therefore another lab has to do it (@$36),also the models are $36 dollars as well. I figure I will eat $22 of it because I get the models from TruDef ready to go. However, I'm not eating the full cost just because you (the Doc) decided to buy a TruDef. Help me out here, am I wrong?...maybe I am, how did you guys deal with this at first?
I spoke to someone from Albensi Dental Lab at Chicago and I'm Pretty sure he quoted me "about $8 for them to mark the margin". They also claim to produce a good printed model. Can't remember his quote for model printing, it's buried somewhere in mass of literature I collected, but I'm also pretty sure it was less than $36.

S

Streetglider1965

Reaction score
we outsource our model design "from scans" to avoid buying "all scans" and "model builder" very cost effective. $7 a model for design and avoiding the module fees from 3shape works out well
Who do you outsource this to, if I may ask? Thanks

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
fullcontour.com they design under argen materials and send it back in 12 hrs... upload to argen the next day after the crown is sent. comes back the same time. I can't design a model for anything close to that

nor do I want to... doesn't matter how much they design... same price

WP_20150227_002.jpg

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
...are you referring to a doctors scan or are you scanning an impression yourself ? thank you

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Dr scan
with carestream... we can do TRIOS, but need the allscans module for carestream.
you can build the crown, but not the model.
they design and we just download it and send out for manufacture

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
These manufacturers are a lot smarter than I am. They continually come up with "intuitive" ways to make us buy more of their products for less and less profits..

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
These manufacturers are a lot smarter than I am. They continually come up with "intuitive" ways to make us buy more of their products for less and less profits..
and finding ways around that takes time and effort as well

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Well I knew this was coming but it still makes doesn't sit well with me.

Glad to know all my fees were going into the development of this.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
oh don't worry. nobody likes the 3shape library anyway, and you can't do more than a 3unit bridge. via lab the trios can handle full mouth.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this is where 3Shape says..."Thank you labs, for especially those pesky yearly licensing fees you pay, and beta testing our software for all these years...but we've moved onto Dentists now, cya :)"

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Well there you have it. Took them long enough. Another company joining the "Evil Empire".
Better start specializing in big cases if you haven't already. Writing is on the wall with the smaller cases.

3 unit Bridge? when was the last time you have seen one of those? It's all implants now.

I like how that guy says you rarely need to adjust what the "auto placement" proposal.
That's a good laugh. I'm sure on that perfect prep. model it is fine, but lets see a "real world" prep.
I have tried it a couple times and it's pretty bad but maybe that's just me and my standards.

I'm afraid of what a dentist standard would be when it comes to a full contour crown, We have all seen the fillings they do.

In any case, I'm off to start updating my resume. Looks like my job will be obsolete in a few years.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We got a hint of this with Implant Studio.

It's not a see ya.They're taking on Sirona here.
The drs that have time will say see ya. No different than Carestream or wd40.

You think exocad would do anything different if they weren't the Borg?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Well there you have it. Took them long enough. Another company joining the "Evil Empire".
Better start specializing in big cases if you haven't already. Writing is on the wall with the smaller cases.

3 unit Bridge? when was the last time you have seen one of those? It's all implants now.

I like how that guy says you rarely need to adjust what the "auto placement" proposal.
That's a good laugh. I'm sure on that perfect prep. model it is fine, but lets see a "real world" prep.
I have tried it a couple times and it's pretty bad but maybe that's just me and my standards.

I'm afraid of what a dentist standard would be when it comes to a full contour crown, We have all seen the fillings they do.

In any case, I'm off to start updating my resume. Looks like my job will be obsolete in a few years.

Just make sure you're really good at stainng fczs . That way you can work in the back room beside the spit sucker.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Just make sure you're really good at stainng fczs . That way you can work in the back room beside the spit sucker.
The beast part of that is the aroma.Puke