3Shape and 3rd party intraoral scans?

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Hey guys, what's the story? Right now I receive and have doctors with Trios, now one doc wants to get Itero scanner, second one a Planmeca...

Can they export to STL and when dealing with STL files, how to do occlusion? Manually? Or is there some other option? 3Shape I know has option for model builder to receive from 3rd party IOS...

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Itero and 3m have their own software that generates files that import easily via 3shape, planmeca I think is a simple stl file that you create a digital model order and import the scans. I wrote a super lengthy reply to a similar question on here a whille ago, if you do a simple search you shoukd be able to find it. The proper response is way too long to type again. Best to call each company and get the response from them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Itero and 3m have their own software that generates files that import easily via 3shape, planmeca I think is a simple stl file that you create a digital model order and import the scans. I wrote a super lengthy reply to a similar question on here a whille ago, if you do a simple search you shoukd be able to find it. The proper response is way too long to type again. Best to call each company and get the response from them.

Planmeca can export as 3oxz file for 3Shape.

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Ok, great, will search...just a simple answer, if I get STL files, compile bite reg is done completly manually?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Ok, great, will search...just a simple answer, if I get STL files, compile bite reg is done completly manually?
When you setup a digital model order you have antagonist and antsgagonist+bite, antagonist is if the file carry bite info, if not the antagonists+bite will prompot you to import the bite scan.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
for some reason uploading an STL from non Trios is really laggy and not always the best. Also, bite always seems slightly off. But when doing a huge case in Trios, it's so fluid ..... #conspiracytheory

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
for some reason uploading an STL from non Trios is really laggy and not always the best. Also, bite always seems slightly off. But when doing a huge case in Trios, it's so fluid ..... #conspiracytheory
#placeboeffect

:)

No idea, just couldn't resist poking the bear bird.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score

I'd say take a look at the filesize for both types of scans. I'd bet the Trios scans are smaller filesize, since the IOS is more efficient and the 3Shape acquisition software probably deletes extraneous/duplicated data.