3shape 800/810 accuracy

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
So with the D800 or up it is accurate enough to scan bars, it's just a matter of having the right mill.

Lol this is great, two gigantic labs publishing an article on the accuracy not being compromised is awesome.

Better watch out I think Scott will be lurking in in this one.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Take it with a grain of salt folks... bar or implant part manufacturers don't use any "dental" labelled equipment, it's all industrial. For utmost accuracy a touch probe is the way to go, to maintain speed there are combo scanners with a laser component for fast capture and a touch probe for accurate position reference...

ai41.tinypic.com_2drdhl0.jpg
ai41.tinypic.com_2drdhl0.jpg

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
why there is no difference between D 700 1,3 megapixel and D 800, 810 with 5 megapixel just a little question ????

3D Scanning – Q700-series

http://www.3shapedental.com/media/909793/04102011_white light or laser_de.pdf translation of the important passage

White light provides better resolution than laser lightWhat really matters is the resolution of the camera, ie, about how many megapixels the camera has sensor. High-end dental scanners with 5 megapixel, regular dental scanner will be around the 1.3 megapixel for me its funny :cool::D:rolleyes: it looks like a filmtitel with arnold in the past

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Tyler, I prefer NOT to spend over $48k+ for Five years of ownership to have a decent scanner, and then not be able to sell it.

My Steinbichler is still more accurate and slightly cheaper than a 3shape. It weighs 5x as much as wel and is truely Industrial. I will never buy a 3shape.

The License x-fer fee is also bad because you will never be able to sell it. I would love to see you attempt to mill a bar with your own strategy and your own custom built CNC mill.

Let me know when that day comes, then I will "Lurk".

Scott

Top Bottom