• Welcome to Dental Lab Network
    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3shape 6 unit ant on 2 abutments

Discussion in 'Dental-CAD' started by sndmn2, Jan 5, 2017.

1. sndmn2

sndmn2 Active Member Full Member

...anywho, I have not tries this before. Should my initial proposal been presented as one piece to move around together to put into rough shape? As such I had six 6 teeth presented. None connected, spaced out and some over lapping. Is that correct or did I do something wrong ? Thanks

2. Sevan P
      Nerdy

Sevan P Well-Known Member Full Member

I'm lost on you question? This is a easy deal for cement retained. Are you trying to do a split file or do a proposal design just to find the positions of the abutments?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3. CoolHandLuke
      Fiendish

CoolHandLuke Well-Known Member Full Member

what you are experiencing is Smile Composer. a tool within the dental designer program that lets you customize individual teeth in the smile to different anatomy libraries, reposition them to appear more natural, and do many other things.

in 3shape there used to be a way to reposition the whole bridge at once, but since 2012 that feature has changed. it no longer works the same way and would not easily give you good results, as the system now uses a global co-ordinate system instead of local center of mass. so you wind up moving the bridge inches at a time instead of milimeters. its not pretty.

4. sndmn2

sndmn2 Active Member Full Member

So I did a total rescan. I did not get this the first time. I'm not sure what I did or didnt do. But on the first scan there were spaces between a couple teeth while others were overlapped.

Attached Files:

5. Sevan P
      Nerdy

Sevan P Well-Known Member Full Member

It is just how they are some time you get 8 much larger then 9. It is how smile composer does the alignment. It all depends on the library itself and how it was setup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk