3shape 2018 installation issue

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
I'm trying to go from 17.3 to 2018.2 and I'm having an issue with the client workstations. They hang on the connecting to database step. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Any ideas?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Just re install the network clients as well and see what happens, use the 18.2 installer.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
I tried that. I'm using the full installer. It's a new server install on a new computer. The software runs fine on the server and tries to start on the clients but only gets to the database part. The same thing happened when I tried to install 32 bit clients with a 64 bit server a couple of years ago. It feels like a windows thing.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I tried that. I'm using the full installer. It's a new server install on a new computer. The software runs fine on the server and tries to start on the clients but only gets to the database part. The same thing happened when I tried to install 32 bit clients with a 64 bit server a couple of years ago. It feels like a windows thing.
Can you connect to the swrver pc from the client boxes with standard networking tools?
Are you sure the db is running? As in can you connext to the db from the server?

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
i can navigate to the server from the clients. I can see and open cases on the server.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
i can navigate to the server from the clients. I can see and open cases on the server.
Well, so much for simple. Not that I thought ypu were stupid, it's just easy to start with incorrect assumptions. I worked a problem for 2 hours that turned out to be no power. That outlet was on a different leg than everythjng else. Banghead

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
well, I'm reinstalling the server software at the moment. We'll see.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
after reinstalling the server I've been able to get most of the design stations on board. I had to reinstall the clients several times on a few of the stations. Moving on to the scanners now...

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
after reinstalling the server I've been able to get most of the design stations on board. I had to reinstall the clients several times on a few of the stations. Moving on to the scanners now...

Good thing about Server/Client installs, it's not necessary to update Client PC's. Once the Server is updated, the desktop links on the Client PC's will point to the new 3shape version. Had some issues in the past with failed Client installs. Skipped the installer and just made shortcuts on the Client PC to the Control Panel and Dental Manager of the Server PC.