3Shape 2017.3.0 SLOW!

Herme

Herme

Reaction score
Just did a server install of 2017.3.0 with 12 clients accessing it. As a single stand alone install it runs fine, but as soon as we run it as a server install, it's monumentally slow! It easily twice as much time to open and close cases compared to 2016.3.0. (1 minute 20 seconds to save a single crown and return to dental manager.) I know 3shape said that they utilized a new sql database structure to speed things up, but we find it's completely the opposite.
Is anyone out there using a server\client install of 3shape 2017 and having similar issues?

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
I'm having this issue, too. It's a brand new computer as well. I've been told that the DME files can bog things down in a fresh install, but being new, I'm not sure of the best way to address that yet.

So far 17.3.0 has made my life harder more than anything else. :rolleyes:

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
These could be issues with the SQL server. Mine has slowed down as well even on my beta system.

Herme

Herme

Reaction score
I'm having this issue, too. It's a brand new computer as well. I've been told that the DME files can bog things down in a fresh install, but being new, I'm not sure of the best way to address that yet.

So far 17.3.0 has made my life harder more than anything else. :rolleyes:

We heard the DME explanation as well, but even when we trimmed the files down, it still bogs down with multiple users. I'm now teetering on the decision of 3 stress filled days of rolling back to 2016 and converting all the 2017 files to 2016, or toughing it out.
We feel your pain!

M

Michael Finke

Reaction score
Any updates on this? I've had countless issues with 17.3.0. Seems like new errors every week and constant lag on every PC. Tried everything...

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
18.1 or 18.2 also if pc specs and not up to par could be a reason as well.

M

Michael Finke

Reaction score
18.1 or 18.2 also if pc specs and not up to par could be a reason as well.
Have you confirmed that these versions resolved the lag issues on server-client configurations? Having same issues and would absolutely HATE to revert everything to standalone installations!

Herme

Herme

Reaction score
Have you confirmed that these versions resolved the lag issues on server-client configurations? Having same issues and would absolutely HATE to revert everything to standalone installations!
2018 Did not fix the issue, but we figured out that it was the multiple dongles that we had. Every time we bought a new scanner it came with a design license dongle and we added it to the system as 3shape stated that their software and handle multiple dongles since 2015.....it can't. Once we moved all the licenses to one dongle and unplugged all the others, it greatly improved the performance! Even just having 2 dongles hobbled the system significantly. I hope your issue is as simple as that, though this "simple" issue had 3shape stumped for months until we figured it out. :(

Last edited:
M

Michael Finke

Reaction score
2018 Did not fix the issue, but we figured out that it was the multiple dongles that we had. Every time we bought a new scanner it came with a design license dongle and we added it to the system as 3shape stated that their software and handle multiple dongles since 2015.....it can't. Once we moved all the licenses to one dongle and unplugged all the others, it greatly improved the performance! Even just having 2 dongles hobbled the system significantly. I hope your issue is as simple as that, though this "simple" issue had 3shape stumped for months until we figured it out. :(

I was actually wondering if that could be the issue! If so, you are my hero! We have 3 separate dongles on the server computer so that could absolutely be the cause. Thank you for the input! I will contact the reseller today to consolidate the licenses.

Herme

Herme

Reaction score
I was actually wondering if that could be the issue! If so, you are my hero! We have 3 separate dongles on the server computer so that could absolutely be the cause. Thank you for the input! I will contact the reseller today to consolidate the licenses.

Best of luck to you! I hope that does the trick. :)