3Shape 2016?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah the primary scan in Scan it Dental is very messy but very fast, you almost have to guess where the annotation goes, LOL but no worries you can always move them after the detailed scan is complete. .

Agree

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sevan, I'm having a terrible time parsing this last sentance. Can you please help this overly literal goofball to understand, please?
Yes what sideshow Bob said. You can do them no problems, they just seem t ok have a little but more bugs then crown an d bridge.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yes what sideshow Bob said. You can do them no problems, they just seem t ok have a little but more bugs then crown an d bridge.

Thanks

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Adding my $0.02; 16.3 was good vintage and 16.4 isn't any worse.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
upwards not forwards! backwards not upwards!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
16.4 is great.

i've noticed significant stability improvements in 16.4 - for example - model builder was crashing quite constantly in 16.3. Also, there was a bug where parts of the design tree would just up and disappear after a Manufacturing Output was made.

Just updated from 16.1 to 16.4 today. In just doing the initial scans in Scanit Dental, is that the trim color is bolder and crisper. There is a re-scan spinning orb in the bottom left corner. I scanned 4 quadrants in a row, and not one of them needed to be manually aligned. With 16.1, I would've needed to have manually aligned maybe 2 out of 4. That right there is fantastic. The colors seem more vivid and "dense", at least that's what my initial thought was when looking at the die scans. It sounds like some of this was already in the 16.3 build?

Can't wait to see how design goes with these tomorrow, as I was getting some errors here and there with 16.1

What is, or why the full page that loads ("starting") when you open up 3Shape Dental System from the shortcut?

starting.png

Last edited:
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Mine just updated also. I seem to have lost a line on my order form where it says order settings. Also its saving the cases diffidently. Before they were being saved in my stl file starting with the patients name. Now it by numbers. Anyone know how I can change this?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Just updated from 16.1 to 16.4 today. In just doing the initial scans in Scanit Dental, is that the trim color is bolder and crisper. There is a re-scan spinning orb in the bottom left corner. I scanned 4 quadrants in a row, and not one of them needed to be manually aligned. With 16.1, I would've needed to have manually aligned maybe 2 out of 4. That right there is fantastic. The colors seem more vivid and "dense", at least that's what my initial thought was when looking at the die scans. It sounds like some of this was already in the 16.3 build?

Can't wait to see how design goes with these tomorrow, as I was getting some errors here and there with 16.1

What is, or why the full page that loads ("starting") when you open up 3Shape Dental System from the shortcut?

View attachment 26212
Does the full screen Every time. Must be loading dentaldesktop.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Mine just updated also. I seem to have lost a line on my order form where it says order settings. Also its saving the cases diffidently. Before they were being saved in my stl file starting with the patients name. Now it by numbers. Anyone know how I can change this?
Control panel, system settings, scroll down to order setting and enable what you need.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score

View attachment 26212

The reason it is doing this - so for those that did 16.1 remember we had an option between scan it dental and the regular / "old" menu that we all still use?

Supposedly when 2017 versions come out, it will move away from the old menu and the default or only option (not sure yet) - will be this new thing with more interactive options and drop downs.

Like i said don't take my word as law, but that is what i've heard from a few sources.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yes and no, so much new features in 2017, beta testing 2017.0.8 been pretty good so far.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Yes and no, so much new features in 2017, beta testing 2017.0.8 been pretty good so far.

i haven't had time to install to see. What are your thoughts? did they force the UI change yet?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
i haven't had time to install to see. What are your thoughts? did they force the UI change yet?
Still looks like 2016 just some new features in crown and bridge, but all in all looks the same. But some backwards compatibility features are good.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i was in such a hurry at the time of 16.1 i never really sat down to properly look at scan it dental. I do know alot of doctor's offices use it though. I just can't imagine a different layout after all these years.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
View attachment 26253 So I've been trying out the 3Shape software with the demo dongle and wondered if it is possible to view and modify the die spacer settings in a virtual manner such as shown with my DW. I'm not adept at all of the software in's and outs, but I can't seem to find any settings similar to this.
I really like this feature since I can customize where I want the line to be. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that line is called "drill compensation offset"

it is found in the dentaldesigner program only, not the 3d preview.

modifying its value modifies where that purple line is, above the margin. everything below the line towards the margin only experiences the "cement gap" offset value, not the "extra cement gap" value.

i recommend setting the "drill compensation offset" to 0 so that you don't have this conflict of design. because everything below the offset is unaffected by the drill size calculation and will create unmillable, or unfittable crowns when you have wierd preps or wild margins. in the above case per PDC i can see 2 areas with my naked eye where tight fits will occur.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
that line is called "drill compensation offset"

it is found in the dentaldesigner program only, not the 3d preview.

modifying its value modifies where that purple line is, above the margin. everything below the line towards the margin only experiences the "cement gap" offset value, not the "extra cement gap" value.

I know what it is for, but I was wandering if the 3shape software had a virtual picture as shown above where you could actually manipulate the dots by clicking and dragging thus increasing or decreasing the cement gap.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no, theres nothing like that to my knowledge as of 2017. in the future, its possible but not currently.

Top Bottom