3M True Def

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Encode Empowered with TDIOS?

ugh encode...why?
we have to recontour almost every encode we get
The price point only makes it that much more unappealing as an option.
Among major custom abutment manufacturers I would put them at the bottom of the quality list.
We only do them now when the doc is adamant about it, and for the difference in price there really is no advantage in result.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Encode Empowered with TDIOS?

I thought it was closed to Trios but I'm hearing different now.So confused. My rep is awol but the Trios StudyClub members are talking about it.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
actually I have a bunch of encodes coming via trios in the next few weeks/months. ill keep everyone posted

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
spill it eyeteeth!
We're encode empowered, but we also have a massive 3i user-group.

I just did a screw-retained Zr to Ti abutment designed to look like a base. Fit wonderfully.

I'm not sure most areas could justify the cost, but it's interesting, and is one more selling point.

biggest draw back right now is 3Shape's inability to make models for multi abutment scenarios.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We're encode empowered, but we also have a massive 3i user-group.

I just did a screw-retained Zr to Ti abutment designed to look like a base. Fit wonderfully.

I'm not sure most areas could justify the cost, but it's interesting, and is one more selling point.

biggest draw back right now is 3Shape's inability to make models for multi abutment scenarios.
how did you absorb the stupid high cost of getting set up with trios? its like $6k just to do implants isn't it? plus the models cost a freaking arm and a leg and a first born child. I plan on passing these costs on to the clients but its going to jump prices so much that I fear some will avoid the encode/trios stuff and ill just be out the $6k lol

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
how did you absorb the stupid high cost of getting set up with trios? its like $6k just to do implants isn't it? plus the models cost a freaking arm and a leg and a first born child. I plan on passing these costs on to the clients but its going to jump prices so much that I fear some will avoid the encode/trios stuff and ill just be out the $6k lol

i am in an area with an absurdly high volume of 3i - so it made sense for us. We do about 175-180 encode a year, so this would pay for itself in 2 years at the same rate anyway. We've actually gone the model-less route for single units which saves us money ~ and we have done screw retained quite successfully as well.

The biggest drawback right now is that encode cannot produce a model via model buidler beyond single units. I'm sure they'll sort it out.

Meanwhile, we are working with a company (NDA in place sorry),that has been getting us our models for multiunit cases.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i am in an area with an absurdly high volume of 3i - so it made sense for us. We do about 175-180 encode a year, so this would pay for itself in 2 years at the same rate anyway. We've actually gone the model-less route for single units which saves us money ~ and we have done screw retained quite successfully as well.

The biggest drawback right now is that encode cannot produce a model via model buidler beyond single units. I'm sure they'll sort it out.

Meanwhile, we are working with a company (NDA in place sorry),that has been getting us our models for multiunit cases.

well crap. they are just trying to break into my area....but the cost is stupid high for itero models...agh, I could do much better things with $6k than lump it to itero....

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
iTero is on the way out IMO unless they come out with a smaller scanner.
Encode is convenient since the healing cap is the scan body, but the prices are crazy and the milled dies are never the same as the abutment.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
iTero is on the way out IMO unless they come out with a smaller scanner.
Encode is convenient since the healing cap is the scan body, but the prices are crazy and the milled dies are never the same as the abutment.

it's been proven that the dies are 5% bigger than the actual abutment (spacer) was what we were told.

that's why you don't get an iTero model :D

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
it's been proven that the dies are 5% bigger than the actual abutment (spacer) was what we were told.

that's why you don't get an iTero model :D

I think that is a bunch of salesman talk...5%, that's a lot of die spacer. LOL

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I just did an encode via Itero. Put a FCZ on it by scanning the Itero model. I never opened the abutment package to check the fit. Only made sure it fit the Itero die. Doc said it was a little "floppy" when he seated it. The fits are certainly looser when fitting to the actual abutment. I don't usually recommend putting FCZ's on these for that very reason. I prefer doing a Pfm and doing the wax up on the actual abutment. I just don't like the Biomet workflow in conjunction with Itero. The Straumann workflow is much more accurate since you use their metal analog to scan instead of the milled die as with Biomet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I just did an encode via Itero. Put a FCZ on it by scanning the Itero model. I never opened the abutment package to check the fit. Only made sure it fit the Itero die. Doc said it was a little "floppy" when he seated it. The fits are certainly looser when fitting to the actual abutment. I don't usually recommend putting FCZ's on these for that very reason. I prefer doing a Pfm and doing the wax up on the actual abutment. I just don't like the Biomet workflow in conjunction with Itero. The Straumann workflow is much more accurate since you use their metal analog to scan instead of the milled die as with Biomet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
interesting to note since I have a bunch of them in the works

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we've completely circumvented iTero workflow and get our own models made. specifically because of this issue with iTero.

Actually Trios is making it super awesome/easy.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
we've completely circumvented iTero workflow and get our own models made. specifically because of this issue with iTero.

Actually Trios is making it super awesome/easy.
how exactly did you bypass itero? inquiring minds wish to know!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
how exactly did you bypass itero? inquiring minds wish to know!
Not hard, we did the same thing with Exocad using Model Builder but we weren't very impressed with the results of the models from various milling centers so we put it on the back burner. Heck of a way to cut down the cost of itero's BS added charges though :)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Not hard, we did the same thing with Exocad using Model Builder but we weren't very impressed with the results of the models from various milling centers so we put it on the back burner. Heck of a way to cut down the cost of itero's BS added charges though :)
im a 3shape user, so exocad doesn't help me much.