3m to 3shape implant open stl issues.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Ok SO i have this Doc that got the new 3M true def IO scanner and just dove in, sent me two inlay cases ans 4 crowns and a implant case. 3M only has trusted connection with Biomet 3i and Starumann in order to runt he case through the margin marking software. All others are open STL.

My Issue:
Create a new work order in 2015.5.0 then imported the stl files and made copies and renamed them to Raw preperation scan and Raw Antagonist scan, now i'm able to design and it has the coordinates and I can align marker, but the bite is way off. I have a bite scan but 3shape has no idea and there is no prompt to import that scan. Anyone doing open stl from 3m IO scanners? I only need to make the abutment and not the model, Doctor will rescan abutment then I will make a model from that scan. I dont have all scan, and all scan is invalid with cad points. But once abutment is scanned in mouth i can make a 3rd party model off the 3OXZ file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the image of the bite
Bite issue.JPG

How can I align the bite? There is a bite scan in stl.

Thanks

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
change Antagonist in the order form to Antagonist+occlusal alignment? then when importing scans tick the box under the preview window marked Use occlusal alignment, and the last prompt will be for a bite scan.

this is how i import bites for planscan cases. i don't see why it wouldnt work for 3m.

those scans look horrid. best of luck!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
change Antagonist in the order form to Antagonist+occlusal alignment? then when importing scans tick the box under the preview window marked Use occlusal alignment, and the last prompt will be for a bite scan.

this is how i import bites for planscan cases. i don't see why it wouldnt work for 3m.

Ok but it only looks for .dcm and .hps file when I go to import files in a digital model setup form.

Originally I set the order up as a object type model. then imported the stl file max and mand, then changed the order type to digital model and copied the scans and re named the copies to Raw Preperation scan and Raw Antagonist scan, this allowed my to align and design the abutment.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
is Digital Impression no longer a thing ? when i receive planscan scans in stl format, i set up an order with digital impression and import all 3 just fine. i would have thought this was due to all-scans module, actually. but i think you have that module.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
is Digital Impression no longer a thing ? when i receive planscan scans in stl format, i set up an order with digital impression and import all 3 just fine. i would have thought this was due to all-scans module, actually. but i think you have that module.

I do not have All-Scan, and you can not use cad points on the all scan module. I have trios and 3rd party which i have no issues using cad points. Not going to get all scan for one doctor.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you dropbox them to me i will set up an order you can just import and go ? or try to anyway...

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Do you need the library for the implant?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
just let me know what scanbody system it is and you will be able to edit the imported case order form with the correct interface and it wont ask you to re-import scans.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
MIS newest library. PM me your dropbox

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that i don't have. this might not work, but we have nothing to lose by trying.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
LOL moments after your last reply, I was informed by our front office that the Doctor wanted to return the Zimmer Kit I got him to do Digital implant model via argen and that he is returning the 3m Scanner. Later we called and asked why, they said that the Docotr didn't like dealing with 3m. LOL Every time I called they said just watch the videos on margin marking, and Oh we can't help you on 3shape stuff. LOL I have never dealt with such stupidity, every time I called 3m that were sooooo quick to get off the phone and were of NO help at all.

I don't blame him for returning it, He might go to Itero, he does invisiline, I would love for him to get a trio 3 pod instead. But we will see.

Thanks for you help though CHL!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score

Here on import scans.

Sevan.png

Top Bottom