3M Lava Scan ST with Steinbichler dongle -questions-

D

drstranger

Reaction score
Hi,
I have bought a used 2009 Lava ST scanner with a Steinbichler dongle.
From reading the forum, i have understood that i need a special PC that has a usb 2.0 controller card and a firewire card.
I want to run it with exocad, so where do i get the driver from, when i have the Steinbichler dongle?
What other things do I need to get it running?
Does anyone know where I can get the calibration block from?
I have purchased the scanner in Germany and I have to send it to Australia, what measurements have to be taken to send the scanner safely with air freight?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Maybe Jensen can help. The package I bought from them has the Steinbichler scanner. Call their tech support.

cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi,
I have bought a used 2009 Lava ST scanner with a Steinbichler dongle.
From reading the forum, i have understood that i need a special PC that has a usb 2.0 controller card and a firewire card.
I want to run it with exocad, so where do i get the driver from, when i have the Steinbichler dongle?
What other things do I need to get it running?
Does anyone know where I can get the calibration block from?
I have purchased the scanner in Germany and I have to send it to Australia, what measurements have to be taken to send the scanner safely with air freight?

Pm me, I'm in melbourne and have one

D

drstranger

Reaction score
Hi.
I can't send a PM though, probably because I have a new profile.
Can you please send me a PM?

Thanks

O

Oleh_77

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have bought a used Steinbichler Scan ST I scanner.
what software I should use to work with the scanner and then what software I should use to connect my scanner to exocad?
is a Opticat for this case?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have bought a used Steinbichler Scan ST I scanner.
what software I should use to work with the scanner and then what software I should use to connect my scanner to exocad?
is a Opticat for this case?
You will need a special license/dongle to use with exocad. An exocad reseller should be able to help you with this plus the free exoscan module to operate the scanner.

O

Oleh_77

Reaction score
Tnx, a lot!!!
the free exoscan module to operate the scanner --- It`s part of exocad or from another free sofrware like DentaScan?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
A module of exocad. Integrates with a lot of other scanners as well.

O

Oleh_77

Reaction score
Do I need to use any other (additional) software from the manufacturer of scanner "Steinbichler Scan ST I" for example the driver or other?
"Optocat" is already installed on my PC and I have no idea is it for this scanner or not.
thank you in advance!

A

andy700

Reaction score
where can i get the drivers for lava st?
can anyone show me the dongle in the photo?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Do I need to use any other (additional) software from the manufacturer of scanner "Steinbichler Scan ST I" for example the driver or other?
"Optocat" is already installed on my PC and I have no idea is it for this scanner or not.
thank you in advance!
where can i get the drivers for lava st?
can anyone show me the dongle in the photo?
Contact the milling center in Richmond Virginia. He has everything you need for these.

xebozone

xebozone

Reaction score
Hello,
Has anybody been able to get this scanner to work on Windows 10 (was on W7 x64 before)?
I cloned the disk, moved the firewire card to the new PC, upgraded to W10 and moved the cloned disk to the new PC.

Exoscan couldn't find the scanner. We found a legacy firewire driver on Microsoft's website, which allowed the scanner to be found in device manager, but the driver for the scanner showed as a "generic camera" and the driver also couldn't start.

The motherboard has a USB 2.0 port too, which I read on another forum that it's required to plug in the device to this port.
If someone could PM me with drivers/instructions, that would be great!

D

Djhairychest

Reaction score
good evening I have a colleague who gives me a 3m scan st could you help me to make it work with exocad? thank you

doug

doug

Reaction score
It doesn't appear to be support by the newer versions of Exocad. We have one sitting on the floor, collecting dust, and I will probably take the cameras out of it, try to sell them on Ebay, and junk the rest of it.

D

Djhairychest

Reaction score
ok but with his software I can export stl files and work with exocad. give me information

D

Djhairychest

Reaction score
It doesn't appear to be support by the newer versions of Exocad. We have one sitting on the floor, collecting dust, and I will probably take the cameras out of it, try to sell them on Ebay, and junk the rest of it.
I don't have much money but if you can sell it to me and give me everything I need to make it work, I'll take it.