3d printing

F

fschmitz1

Reaction score
So an orthodontist wants me to be able to print models to make Essex retainers for him. He wants to pay $30 a piece with other orthodontist in my area I might be able to get around a 100 per month any thoughts if this is a good idea?

doug

doug

Reaction score
If you already have the printer and you know your costs it should be easy to decide. Does he want you to do one model and the Essex for $30, or just the model?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So an orthodontist wants me to be able to print models to make Essex retainers for him. He wants to pay $30 a piece with other orthodontist in my area I might be able to get around a 100 per month any thoughts if this is a good idea?
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

If you already have the printer and are up on all the stuff of getting the file from him to the end result of a saleable model, go for it, you're looking at something that you can do with no additional outlay with the equipment and knowledge you already have. Less collecting dust time for the printer. Just watch your material consumption per model.

Otherwise, you may have a hard time getting them outsourced for the quality you'd want to associate yourself with at a price point that after shipping would not be a loss.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
With 100 a month it's an easy yes from me. With a Form2 you would cover your cost in a few months.

Easy to print and very low cost, easy to make.

F

fschmitz1

Reaction score
What do you think is the best software to print the molds I think i am going to use the form 2 printer