3D PRINTING ITERO MODELS

A

AVAN

Reaction score
WE HAVE RECENTLY STARTED PRINTING OUR OWN MODELS HERE..HOWEVER WITH OUR ITERO IMPLANT MODELS THAT WE PRINT USING 3SHAPE AND OUR KULZER CARA PRINTER OUR CONTACTS ARE DIFFERENT THAN THE MODELS WE ORDER OFF THE ITERO/ALIGNTECH WEBSITE? WE SEE SOME DIFFERENCE IN USING DIFFERENT RESOLUTIONS/DETAIL SETTINGS WHEN PRINTING BUT NOTHING HAS REALLY SOLVED THIS PROBLEM BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL OFF. IVE SEEN SOME STUFF BEING POSTED ABOUT THIS BUT NOT SURE HOW PEOPLE TWEAKED THEIRS TO MATCH THE ITERO ORDERED ONES. WHAT ARE YOUR PARAMETERS? DID YOU CHANGE THEM? WHO AND HOW HAS ANYONE HAD SUCCESS WITH THESE CASES HELP! THANKS

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Scan your pinted models, use a comparison tool like GOM to identify consistent problems. Recalibrate as identifiable.

Alternatively print obhects of known geometry like a cube or pyramid and do gom, and see the problem with clarity.

A

AVAN

Reaction score
do you have this same printer and program? as I have been told by other labs...its like a trial and error thing where you have to set a different parameter for each implant type? not that it has to do anything with printing problems its like 3shape/itero communication or something in the design?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
No, but the same technology exists in hundreds of printers, and 3shape is pretty ubiquitous.

As with all resin vat technology it largely depends where the model is placed on the print bed that determines accuracy. Objects or geometries furthest from the center will be more innaccurate than geometry nearest the center of the plate. Due to resin shrinking once cured it is critical that shrinkage rates are properly factored.

360Josh

360Josh

Reaction score
What is GOM software? We currently have 3 printers... Form 2, Form 3 and Envisiontech Vita. They all seem to be slightly different and I am trying to figure out which one is giving the most accurate print.

Scan your pinted models, use a comparison tool like GOM to identify consistent problems. Recalibrate as identifiable.

Alternatively print obhects of known geometry like a cube or pyramid and do gom, and see the problem with clarity.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
When in doubt, ask mr google.

blackhawk201

blackhawk201

Reaction score
Are you using 3shapes model builder?

blackhawk201

blackhawk201

Reaction score
In your articulator interface is this deselected?

Attachments

• screenshot8_LI.jpg
    screenshot8_LI.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 46
blackhawk201

blackhawk201

Reaction score
ITS DESELECTED YES
What is your post print process for cleaning the models? I have seen if its not cleaned properly then material can cause fit issues. The only other thing I can think of right now would be the detail they are printing in, but you already mentioned you have already tried messing with those options.

T

tllwdente

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience 3d printing the iTero models from dental wings software? We are also having problems with tight interproximal contacts and short margins when compared to the milled iTero models.

M

melissabearyHS

Reaction score
anyone here using itero scans to print models? a dr asked for it and need to figure out how to make it for him

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
when importing in 3shape, select the box that says 'itero'

other wise you're going to have a bad time.

A

AVAN

Reaction score
we already have itero box selected as well. I asked Kulzer rep and other labs and they said they all have problems printing Itero Models...which is bizarre because this is one of the only reasons we bought the printer. Itero/aligntech seems to make it very difficult to print scans from their website they basically want you to pay to get them made through them.

M

melissabearyHS

Reaction score
when importing in 3shape, select the box that says 'itero'

other wise you're going to have a bad time.
so i cant really export the scan with a base to print it?so i still need to put it into 3shape model builder?

C

Chad W Congo

Reaction score
I am encountering the same problem with itero. The 3D printed models come out different from the models from itero. We have angry doctors and now we just found out that itero is delaying sending out models 5-7 business days. Who can wait that long? We need a quick solution, but are really struggling. I've seen mention of something called GOM software, but have no understanding, unfortunately, of what that is or how it would solve my problem. I did google it, but I'm afraid that didn't help me much. I've been in the industry 30+ years and this is messing me up!

Top Bottom