3d printing as a service for small labs

P

playgroundlabs

Reaction score
Hi, we are staring a 3d printing company and one of the areas we are considering is dental. We were wondering how much would smaller dental labs be willing to pay for something like jaw models, wax-ups, etc.? Any guidance would be appreciated.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We want cheap accurate models $10/arch with a free extra die. We want them fast too.

P

playgroundlabs

Reaction score
We want cheap accurate models $10/arch with a free extra die. We want them fast too.

Thanks for your reply. Would the $10 be for for just 1 arch, or two (upper & lower).
In terms of timing, would next day delivery work? Also, would you pay for delivery or expect free shipping?

Thank you!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The problem with small labs is that you might get 3-5 models per day if that.

I don't want to pay too much more than $20 total per case so free delivery could be expensive for you.

Next day delivery would be nice but doesn't matter if my restoration takes 2 days return.

Quite frankly, I like to send all my files to the same place for simplicity and a better volume price.

Hard to cherry pick when things get crazy.

P

playgroundlabs

Reaction score
The problem with small labs is that you might get 3-5 models per day if that.

I don't want to pay too much more than $20 total per case so free delivery could be expensive for you.

Next day delivery would be nice but doesn't matter if my restoration takes 2 days return.

Quite frankly, I like to send all my files to the same place for simplicity and a better volume price.

Hard to cherry pick when things get crazy.

Yep, understood about smaller labs. The idea is to sign up a bunch of smaller labs that way you have enough volume to make it worthwhile. We would be purely printing, so not competitors to them. If bigger labs want to use our service we could do that too, but think most larger labs have their own printers, but i may be mistaken.

Do you currently send your files to another lab for printing models or is this a similar service that we are proposing?

Thanks again for your responses. Very helpful.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I hope to receive intra oral files soon so that's when i would send for model printing .

P

playgroundlabs

Reaction score
Sorry, just to be clear do you use stone models from impressions currently?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
What hardware are you planning to use for printed models ?