3D Printer specific forum?

Should DLN add a 3D Printer forum?

• Yes!

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • No, we already have a CAM forum. Put 3D printer posts in the CAM forum.

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
What do you think about a separate forum just for 3D printer topics? We have a CAD forum and a CAM forum, what about adding a 3D Printer forum?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
A 3d printer should be in the equipment forum since a 3d printer is a piece of equipment.

Had Glenn been more specific and said 3d printing , then that would be in a different forum.

read the damn prescription you techs!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
A 3d printer should be in the equipment forum since a 3d printer is a piece of equipment.

Had Glenn been more specific and said 3d printing , then that would be in a different forum.

read the damn prescription you techs!
Oh, you wanted a flipper on 1-1 not 11. Whoops.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
20 years ago the adults told us not to believe everything on the internet. now those same geriatrics tell me that Hillary invented Aids, it said so on freedomeagle dot facebook because why would they lie?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
20 years ago the adults told us not to believe everything on the internet. now those same geriatrics tell me that Hillary invented Aids, it said so on freedomeagle dot facebook because why would they lie?
Since we're already down the rabbit hole...
Read Dr. Mary's Monkey if you want to know how the AIDS is from monkeys thing came around.

Just a thought I heard from a young Irishman. "He was wrong, dead wrong, and I knew it. But when someone gets that old, if it ain't hurtin' nobody, you don't argue, you just listen." And I still wonder whether that's ignoring them or respecting them.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So I want to get a printer but the post processing looks like a pita.
Are they all the same?
What is the alcohol bath for?
With composite, I coat the oxygen inhibition layer with abc barrier. Can I do the same for these light cured materials?

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
The alcohol bath is to clean the uncured resin off the cured parts, before it goes under a UV light.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The alcohol bath is to clean the uncured resin off the cured parts, before it goes under a UV light.
Is that just the residual resin from the tray?
Bego has a cartridge system but the tray is still separate?

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
So I want to get a printer but the post processing looks like a pita.
Are they all the same?
What is the alcohol bath for?
With composite, I coat the oxygen inhibition layer with abc barrier. Can I do the same for these light cured materials?
Mmmm... pita....

Also, we use a Form2 from Formlabs for our model work, it's nothing too fancy, but it's accurate and snug, even on DIM models, especially with a few tweaks here and there to the model settings.

And yes, the alcohol bath will clear the residual resin and make the whole thing less messy when it's ready for curing. The Formlab doesn't need any special process for curing with an oxygen layer, but I believe models printed on the Carbon need to be suspended in glycerin gel.

It has different resin cartridges and we bought dedicated tanks for each material we use (mostly the dental model resin and the SG resin for surgical guides),so we don't have to clean out the resin each time. Just cover the tank with a lid and swap it out with the material we wanna use.

Also, the Form2 comes in a kit with some alcohol wash tanks and a light curer. It's all pretty intuitive, and Formlabs has a lot of materials on their website. https://formlabs.com/3d-printers/form-2/

Hope this helps!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It helps but I noticed you said we.
In my lab it will be me that has to operate the printer. I don't really want another job to do.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the only job you will have is press the big green button that says print. your toyota is more complex than this printer.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
:)

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
:)

Last edited:
Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
No need for glycerin bath with Carbon. Just like Formlabs, wash in alcohol and light box, done

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
anyone use glycerine additives in their zirconia soup, to get colour penetration?