3d printer recommendations

Z

Zile

Reaction score
I need some recommendations. I want to print frames for casting etc. Is fadpro 1000 printer capable to do this and is this closed system(only nextdent resins) or not? I dont know a lot about printers, so pls help

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I need some recommendations. I want to print frames for casting etc. Is fadpro 1000 printer capable to do this and is this closed system(only nextdent resins) or not? I dont know a lot about printers, so pls help
From ALL I've heard, check out an Asiga, period.

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
Asiga been great for me small lab a few sets a day super accurate I use for implant models 👍

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone ever print and cast a partial frame on an asiga? Partials are a bit more complex geometry than contacts on an implant model.

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
Anyone ever print and cast a partial frame on an asiga? Partials are a bit more complex geometry than contacts on an implant model.
Not yet I wanna try it tho 👍
why would a partial frame be more complex ?
Implant models need to be super accurate too or analogue will wobble which is no good I played with the friction bar setting on mine and are now perfect I think contact points are pretty important too 👌

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Have you ever made a partial before?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I was more commenting on the fact that a 360' margin on a crown has a far less complex fit than several rests, clasps etc over a larger span. A small fit error is exponential on a partial frame. I dont do partials though so dont take my word for it. Ive printed some on my 3DS 3500hd+ and they fit pretty well, but not as well as waxing to a model the traditional way.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Not yet I wanna try it tho 👍
why would a partial frame be more complex ?
Implant models need to be super accurate too or analogue will wobble which is no good I played with the friction bar setting on mine and are now perfect I think contact points are pretty important too 👌
Partials don't have internal lattice structure to assist them in not drooping as models do have.

Printing partials requires more thought about support at a minimum.

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
Partials don't have internal lattice structure to assist them in not drooping as models do have.

That’s a good point re supports they can be tricky I was more thinking how both need to be super accurate
I was more commenting on the fact that a 360' margin on a crown has a far less complex fit than several rests, clasps etc over a larger span. A small fit error is exponential on a partial frame. I dont do partials though so dont take my word for it. Ive printed some on my 3DS 3500hd+ and they fit pretty well, but not as well as waxing to a model the traditional way.
I think
good point there’s more of it to go wrong any way
I think what JDM said about supports when printing might have more to do with fit on partials 👍👍🦷🦷

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I print with supports, but still .. were talking about 20-50x the span of a crown margin, and you need a superior dialed in printer to get there. There are tons of threads here about it, I dont really do any printing currently so take my thoughts as just that. Not all printers are equal in that regard, hence the price. Although I havent heard anything bad about the asiga, just havent heard of anyone printing partial frames on it.

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
I print with supports, but still .. were talking about 20-50x the span of a crown margin, and you need a superior dialed in printer to get there. There are tons of threads here about it, I dont really do any printing currently so take my thoughts as just that. Not all printers are equal in that regard, hence the price. Although I havent heard anything bad about the asiga, just havent heard of anyone printing partial frames on it.
Ok I’m gona give it a try the Asiga I can’t see a problem I’ve just not had the need to print them
I agree defo not all printers are equal I had a form labs before and I wouldn’t print a child’s toy on that never mind a framework ,😂

D

DigiDent

Reaction score
In my opinion each printer which has a price above 4000$ is a waste of money especially in times of "chineese" printers flood. Of course Anycubic or Phrozen printers require much more time on the begining than asiga but when You obtain it then You have very cheap prints.