3D Printer Inferno

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
So, proprietary materials aren't a problem for you guys? I don't want to get stuck in an Apple rut.
this is the crowd that gobbled up emax and lisi and has every hesitation to branch out to new and interesting zirconia because theyve already got good results.

its not a huge deal.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Are the EnvisionTec printers open source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Ralph32

Reaction score
Good luck Glen! I am wishing you and the Figure 4 success.
Thanks for the chat yesterday. I can't wait to try One out myself. :)

Scotty

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
I have to calibrate my scanner about once a week...not an issue. What I liked best about the Max is that the inventor plastered his face all over the website and offers lifetime free tech support. It seems as though he really stands behind his product, and I REALLY like that.
Justin is a great guy. I had the pleasure of having dinner with him a few weeks ago. He is incredibly knowledgeable and there are some cool things in the pipeline. As for open source materials, I refuse to buy into any system that requires you to use their materials. Envisiontec is very proprietary. I don't like that. My MAX can print with the same quality, but in a wider range of materials, and it's far less expensive to buy into. Also, Asiga's composer software is incredibly easy to learn.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Anyone using the Bego Varseo S ?

Matthew J Raes

Matthew J Raes

Reaction score
So, proprietary materials aren't a problem for you guys? I don't want to get stuck in an Apple rut.

Have been able to use the Asiga Pro 2, Asiga MAX, Forms Labs 2
and the Eden 260vs. They have all been good machines but the Asigas
have outdone them all with consistency and the ability to use the materials that
I want is what keeps me stuck on these machines. We print models, splints, guides,
and pink tissue for the implant models as well. They have been and continue to be workhorses
without ANY complications.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Anyone using the Bego Varseo S ?
Not using it, but from what I know, it's a quality printer. My biggest issue is the canister system. Very limiting. Those canisters cost about a grand apiece. So if you're going to be using more than one material, bust out another thousand. It also seems, and this is pure speculation, that that design might lend itself to more room for error, as there is a more complicated mechanism for moving the build plate as opposed to and Asiga or Envisiontec. Those two aspects where the biggest red flags for me.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
Seen the 5100 in ExpoDental here in Ma drid last week
It was not printing, but read bar code from Nexdent resin bottle (closed system)
Delivery will begin in August, price 10.000 euros plus VAT (21% here)

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Have been able to use the Asiga Pro 2, Asiga MAX, Forms Labs 2
and the Eden 260vs. They have all been good machines but the Asigas
have outdone them all with consistency and the ability to use the materials that
I want is what keeps me stuck on these machines. We print models, splints, guides,
and pink tissue for the implant models as well. They have been and continue to be workhorses
without ANY complications.
How is the accuracy of the models @ 62 Microns XY?