3d printed valplast

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i believe they are, as they said they re-engineered the valplast for printing. wouldnt surprie me to see dual-filament approach with some monochrome teeth shade close to A1.5 as my clients call it (something like 2m1 or c 140)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
i believe they are, as they said they re-engineered the valplast for printing. wouldnt surprie me to see dual-filament approach with some monochrome teeth shade close to A1.5 as my clients call it (something like 2m1 or c 140)
Said dual head, so I'm with you on the guess, just don't like guessing. Change out toothshade filament per rpd and then 100 minutes with a shade characterization/adjustment kit...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yeah, i mean its either that or they print the whole thing in white plastic and paint it.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Valplast has had this page up for a while: https://www.valplast.com/digital/

Requested some info a while ago but they never got back o_O

I believe in this case the dual filament is not used to get different shades/colors; one is for printing the actual Valplast and the other one prints a support material.

I wonder if a printed tooth will look ok if printed with two filaments unless it just makes monochrome teeth... I doubt you could get any blending of the colors? You'd probably end up getting visible lines.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
mechanical retention? glue?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I wish I could hang out in a brooklyn loft all day and make cool stuff.. still waiting for my trust fund to kick in.:(

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I talked to Justin Marks about this process. He is the owner the printer company. The teeth are milled pmma and the printed valplast has a large post with an undercut for mechanical retention.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I talked to Justin Marks about this process. He is the owner the printer company. The teeth are milled pmma and the printed valplast has a large post with an undercut for mechanical retention.
So do you snap in the tooth afterwards, or the tooth is placed occlusal down and the valplast is printed around it?

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
So do you snap in the tooth afterwards, or the tooth is placed occlusal down and the valplast is printed around it?
You print the valplast pink, mill the pmma teeth, then reline the teeth with pmma to lock them onto the undercut posts that are in the pink.
One of the positives of doing it this way is having custom made teeth instead of grinding on denture teeth to make them fit less than ideal areas. I never liked the diatorics in the denture teeth either.
One drawback to this process is the printing actually is very rough and it must be smoothed and finished quite a bit. Justin said that they have the right finishing tools now to make it easier than it used to be.

I don't do removeables any more, but this made me somewhat interested.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You print the valplast pink, mill the pmma teeth, then reline the teeth with pmma to lock them onto the undercut posts that are in the pink.
One of the positives of doing it this way is having custom made teeth instead of grinding on denture teeth to make them fit less than ideal areas. I never liked the diatorics in the denture teeth either.
One drawback to this process is the printing actually is very rough and it must be smoothed and finished quite a bit. Justin said that they have the right finishing tools now to make it easier than it used to be.

I don't do removeables any more, but this made me somewhat interested.
Thanks a lot. The diatoric issue is what kills most of the flexibles I see. The teeth falling off after being chewed into.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone using this stuff?? IOS Docs are getting itchy. They want their magic wand to make 2 visit partials.. Any takers?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i wouldn't. i didn't, and i regret asking.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone using this stuff?? IOS Docs are getting itchy. They want their magic wand to make 2 visit partials.. Any takers?
we do 2 visit partials already....but they arent valplast!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
acetal? are you doing them in CAD on a printed model? how about a bite?