3D printed models

Nia @ ADD Lab

Nia @ ADD Lab

Reaction score
Have a possible new client that would like printed models but we're not set up for this right now.
We looked into outsourcing with Glidewell but they take 5 business days JUST to make the model and it costs between $27-$37 (depending on quad or full and whether they are prepped or unprepared) and like $8 for next day shipping.
Checked with Zahn and they do it in 1 day for $17-$30 also depending on quad/full and prepped/non with $12 next day shipping. First die is free then 1.50 after that.

Is anyone printing their models? Or know of any good places to outsource to?

Thanks!!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Where are you located (state),that will help us find you something closer to you (for shipping).

Nia @ ADD Lab

Nia @ ADD Lab

Reaction score
Where are you located (state),that will help us find you something closer to you (for shipping).

In Georgia!

I tried a local lab that's about 20 minutes from where we are but they said they were too busy to do it for us.

Any & all help is greatly appreciated! Don't want to let this doc slip through my fingers :arghh:

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I use a lab in Michigan and Virginia, but I really think Argen would be a good fit (price/quality/time) for you, but let us know. We can keep this thread alive till you find something that fits your needs.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I use a lab in Michigan and Virginia, but I really think Argen would be a good fit (price/quality/time) for you, but let us know. We can keep this thread alive till you find something that fits your needs.
In the mean time,

let's hear more about those bikinis.Party

Nia @ ADD Lab

Nia @ ADD Lab

Reaction score

The more suggestions the better!
Calling Argen & Core 3D to compare. I'm hoping one of the two will work out for us. Outsourcing can be so d4mn costly.

Thanks for your help!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
In the mean time,

let's hear more about those bikinis.Party

I love it when the Canadians come play in Michigan :)

canada-bikini-571x600.jpg

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Have a possible new client that would like printed models but we're not set up for this right now.
We looked into outsourcing with Glidewell but they take 5 business days JUST to make the model and it costs between $27-$37 (depending on quad or full and whether they are prepped or unprepared) and like $8 for next day shipping.
Checked with Zahn and they do it in 1 day for $17-$30 also depending on quad/full and prepped/non with $12 next day shipping. First die is free then 1.50 after that.

Thanks!!
Argen Models have worked well when we need models printed

Nia @ ADD Lab

Nia @ ADD Lab

Reaction score
Argen Models have worked well when we need models printed

Checked out info online about their printed models. 2 day turn-around is great. Just need the pricing.
Called support and waited for a few minutes and ended up leaving a message for a call back. Just waiting on them now..

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
care to spill the beans about the Va lab? i may be in the market sooner rather than later too

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score

Thanks!!

Whip Mix offers model printing services on the Asiga printers and the ProJet 3510. I attached a copy of our price list. Let me know if you would like a sample print job to compare to the others available.

Attachments

• Whip Mix Print Services Price List.pdf
    318.2 KB · Views: 87
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Whip Mix offers model printing services on the Asiga printers and the ProJet 3510. I attached a copy of our price list. Let me know if you would like a sample print job to compare to the others available.
turn around time @Matt Drury ?

Nia @ ADD Lab

Nia @ ADD Lab

Reaction score

Sending you a PM.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Argen and Core 3D are my go to centres.
What is that finish Argen has on their models? Like knitted Pinewood vs others I see online that seem to be just the resin? What is your thoughts on the Argen finish?
Thx,
Sean

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Argen Canada charged 25$ shipping for 1 model in a small package. Is this the norm from them? Almost as much as the model cost....😑
No, I used to get free shipping over 5 units. Now it's $5 per order. Overnight shipping for one model is about right. It's not cheap in Canukistan.

Top Bottom