3d printed model on fully adjustable articulator

D

dandyfop

Reaction score
Hey everyone, what are you doing to get slick 3d printed models that have some sort of adapter to be mounted on a fully adjustable articulator? The dentist wants one for Panadent/Kois but 3shape model builder doesn't have the DME for it.

Any other options?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Make your own, at this point there is ntohing that i know of.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Is this a trick question? Dont you just stick it on there with mounting stone? If youre not using transfer plates its not going to line up the same as in CAD anyways.. Even if you print an adapter as you call it, it would have to be 2-3 inches tall to 'fit' onto an articulator baseplate.. maybe I dont understand..

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
wouldnt be hard.

the problem is that's not how model builder works. if you set the articulator height to the required 8" ish, you get models that are that tall, and an articulator interface that still interfaces from the side of the model, not the underside.

model builder was made to interface with 3shape model articulators. not kavos and panadents. you'll have to mount with plaster until 3shape decides they want to get competitive in the marketspace again.

D

dandyfop

Reaction score
Hmm I thought so. Kois has this digital transfer adapter that takes up the space. I believe it only works with exocad right now? Has anyone found a way to get stl files of the articulator interface to install into 3shape?

I know I can print the models and use stone to mount, but this dentist would like to use a fully digital workflow to do smile design etc.

Panadent blames 3shape for not getting their **** together and including them in the build.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You could maybe do this with the artex module for the ceramill, it scans with an adapter for the artex. Maybe use a scaffolding for the 'mounting stone' and somehow attach the mounting plate to it in cad, and add a magnet..