3D picture-pritimirror or face hunter

• Thread starter prestige.dental
  • Start date
prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
How come nobody is doing this. Who is doing this in united states.

And if this could be combine with DSD(Christian coachman).

I mean all these merged in ONE

1)CT Scan (for bone and implant placement-and to see what under the skin or gums)

2)Trios for intraoral surface

3)Pritimirror /face hunter (pritimirror works well with exo cad and not that great with 3shape and facehunter is closed system of ZZ)

4) 3shsape/exo cad to design inside the patient's 3D mouth and then be copied to 3shape/exo cad

5) DSD capability for the very artistic/ideal mock up

what do u guys think, this should be made possible in 2016!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I am trying to get a surgeon I work with to spring for the face scan module for the ProMax CT scanner he has.
We have played around with a camera phone and then sent the photos out for 3d rendering. Not so good, but could work.

The other face scanners I have looked at are in the neighborhood of $20k and not that easy to use and take a lot of time.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
I am trying to get a surgeon I work with to spring for the face scan module for the ProMax CT scanner he has.
We have played around with a camera phone and then sent the photos out for 3d rendering. Not so good, but could work.

The other face scanners I have looked at are in the neighborhood of $20k and not that easy to use and take a lot of time.
The CT scan 3D picture relies on patient not moving during the scan and it is not stitched to the 3D xray using any data points. The face scanner needs to be designed for dental work flow (turn key),pictures need to be taken at ease wirh patient relaxed and smiling freely. I think ZZ are always generations ahead in their innovations and thinking and then others follow it.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The CT scan 3D picture relies on patient not moving during the scan and it is not stitched to the 3D xray using any data points. The face scanner needs to be designed for dental work flow (turn key),pictures need to be taken at ease wirh patient relaxed and smiling freely. I think ZZ are always generations ahead in their innovations and thinking and then others follow it.
CT scan 3d pictures are mathematically related to scan data. No merging necessary. If I render a CT scan to show soft tissue you can see the patients face in the rendered data, although not clear like a photo.
The people I have talked to that have played around with the face scanners that are not integrated with a CT scanner tell me that the set up and scanning take a long time and is not always feasible in a busy practice.
Have you looked into the cost of the ZZ face scanner? How about ease of use?

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
CT scan 3d pictures are mathematically related to scan data. No merging necessary. If I render a CT scan to show soft tissue you can see the patients face in the rendered data, although not clear like a photo.
The people I have talked to that have played around with the face scanners that are not integrated with a CT scanner tell me that the set up and scanning take a long time and is not always feasible in a busy practice.

face hunter is 13K USD but u need scanner with it and other modules needed ..... all together 53K
you are right, it takes time to set things up

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
How come nobody is doing this. Who is doing this in united states.

And if this could be combine with DSD(Christian coachman).

I mean all these merged in ONE

1)CT Scan (for bone and implant placement-and to see what under the skin or gums)

2)Trios for intraoral surface

3)Pritimirror /face hunter (pritimirror works well with exo cad and not that great with 3shape and facehunter is closed system of ZZ)

4) 3shsape/exo cad to design inside the patient's 3D mouth and then be copied to 3shape/exo cad

5) DSD capability for the very artistic/ideal mock up

what do u guys think, this should be made possible in 2016!

Nice concept that is very useful when doing large full arch cases - a bit expensive when only a smile design is required. So-called backward planning becomes possible resulting and good end results. Its new even in Europe - very few labs are using it but its growing

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
Nice concept that is very useful when doing large full arch cases - a bit expensive when only a smile design is required. So-called backward planning becomes possible resulting and good end results. Its new even in Europe - very few labs are using it but its growing
As for time consuming - its not-a scan typically takes 3 to 5 seconds. Dependant on what you want to achieve 3 to 4 scans is enough. One from each side, one from the front and one with teeth showing. Zirkonzahn is miles ahead in this regard because its integrated into virtual articulators and you can now mill jigs to articulate your models after scanning and planning took place.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
As for time consuming - its not-a scan typically takes 3 to 5 seconds. Dependant on what you want to achieve 3 to 4 scans is enough. One from each side, one from the front and one with teeth showing. Zirkonzahn is miles ahead in this regard because its integrated into virtual articulators and you can now mill jigs to articulate your models after scanning and planning took place.
Pieter,

Is this something you are doing now?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Yes I have been playing with the Face Hunter and doing some scans.
So is this something that is portable or are you better off to keep it in one location? What can you tell us about the software for the face scan data.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Yes I have been playing with the Face Hunter and doing some scans.
Hello Pieter:

where r u located. so u guys have ZZ system. So isn't face hunter a tool for the doctor. what is the work flow from doctors office to your lab. Or is it best suited for the in office lab setting. Did u take the ZZ face hunter course course in italy. could u kindly share little bit of detail.

thanks

Sam

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
Hello Pieter:

where r u located. so u guys have ZZ system. So isn't face hunter a tool for the doctor. what is the work flow from doctors office to your lab. Or is it best suited for the in office lab setting. Did u take the ZZ face hunter course course in italy. could u kindly share little bit of detail.

thanks

Sam
Yes the face Hunter can be used by the Doctor but It has many applications for the Lab as well. Look at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/zirkonzahnsoftware?source=feed_text&story_id=1357136270970586

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
Yes the face Hunter can be used by the Doctor but It has many applications for the Lab as well. Look at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/zirkonzahnsoftware?source=feed_text&story_id=1357136270970586
Data from the Dr can be either as Conventional Impressions,IOS data or Dicom from x-ray. Patient needs to be scanned therefore must either be scanned at the Dentist or lab. It is portable and can be set-up fairly quickly. If you have far-away clients they will have to have their own Face Hunter. The FH software is integrated into ZZ scan software for design purposes. I did not do a course in Italy I had ZZ trainers out to South Africa that gave me some training. There are 3 ZZ facilities in the US where you can get training.

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
Data from the Dr can be either as Conventional Impressions,IOS data or Dicom from x-ray. Patient needs to be scanned therefore must either be scanned at the Dentist or lab. It is portable and can be set-up fairly quickly. If you have far-away clients they will have to have their own Face Hunter. The FH software is integrated into ZZ scan software for design purposes. I did not do a course in Italy I had ZZ trainers out to South Africa that gave me some training. There are 3 ZZ facilities in the US where you can get training.
Training in the US is available at: Norcross Georgia, Atlanta and in California.

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
Training in the US is available at: Norcross Georgia, Atlanta and in California.
Setting it up is done on a Camera Tripod with Diffused lighting on the patients face. It is not a requirement but it just scans much better and more color-realistic with the lighting.
I find the Golden proportion grid overlay function in the scan software (not FH scan software) over the patients teeth very useful when designing smiles.