3d models articulators

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So I have been using artex style artuculators for my printed models but can't get any protrusive movement do to the tight angle not allowing them to bend a bit. What are options out there? Back in the early days, I loved the itero model articulators but don't see that as an option.
I'm using exocad by the way

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So I have been using artex style artuculators for my printed models but can't get any protrusive movement do to the tight angle not allowing them to bend a bit. What are options out there? Back in the early days, I loved the itero model articulators but don't see that as an option.
HOw much protrusive are you going for? Full arch or quad? I could get to end to end on full arch. Heating them with steam works really well too. The brand on these matters as far as how rigid they are.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I use the 3 shape articulator however I have used the orbix which are by far the best plastic articulator I have found.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
HOw much protrusive are you going for? Full arch or quad? I could get to end to end on full arch. Heating them with steam works really well too. The brand on these matters as far as how rigid they are.
Full arch. I bought mine from a lab closing when I was starting up so I don't even know what they are. What is a soft flexy brand VERTEX style? (i said artex...Freudian slip i suppose)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I use the 3 shape articulator however I have used the orbix which are by far the best plastic articulator I have found.
I'll see what type of hinge connection the orbix uses. Thanks for the suggestion

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
If you are able to attach/glue one on, I use the original vertex in the flex version for anterior cases. It’s notched out
so you’re able to do protrusive movements without fighting rigid plastic.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Full arch. I bought mine from a lab closing when I was starting up so I don't even know what they are. What is a soft flexy brand VERTEX style? (i said artex...Freudian slip i suppose)
Knew what you intended. I mix them up too some days.
I don't remember right now. I'll ahve to troll an old catalog

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i have the itero models setup on my exocad. they work great!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i think its called "4 pin" for quad, and full arch long and short models.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Excellent protrusive movement. Available from Doug Wilson at Component Engineering Group, 949-466-8752.
Formerly known as 'Slider' from Ivoclar. Vident (thank you @charles007 )
20200711_150457.jpeg

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Excellent protrusive movement. Available from Doug Wilson at Component Engineering Group, 949-466-8752.
Formerly known as 'Slider' from Ivoclar.
View attachment 36441
This is the best plastic articulator on the market ! Models, quad or full are so much more rigid than other plastic articulators, and great protrusive movements .
Vident sold these years ago and I would order when on sale at half price...

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I know, to each your own, but I was not a fan of the slider. Being so careful I’ve had one of those finger arms snap off when trying to separate .Makes for another headache. Hmmmm2 The idea was good but too brittle.
Might still have pak of 50 in the closet collecting dust.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I know, to each your own, but I was not a fan of the slider. Being so careful I’ve had one of those finger arms snap off when trying to separate .Makes for another headache. Hmmmm2 The idea was good but too brittle.
Might still have pak of 50 in the closet collecting dust.
Realllyyyy. PM Inbound.

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
If anybody is needing an Orbix glue slot, I created one a bit back that has minimal clearance. You can nearly slide it in and it will hold there on its own before gluing.

The only draw back is that really short models cannot close all the way with Orbix due to the limitations of the articulator hinge, easy solution is to have a "minimal height" when you do the align model step. Created a quadrant and full arch versions for any intereseted.

It's possible to make your own, but I suggest using a program like Rhino in order to make them OrbixArticulator slot.png

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
If anybody is needing an Orbix glue slot, I created one a bit back that has minimal clearance. You can nearly slide it in and it will hold there on its own before gluing.

The only draw back is that really short models cannot close all the way with Orbix due to the limitations of the articulator hinge, easy solution is to have a "minimal height" when you do the align model step. Created a quadrant and full arch versions for any intereseted.

It's possible to make your own, but I suggest using a program like Rhino in order to make them View attachment 36448
for really short models, can you just flip it over?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Haven't worked it into the daily chores yet

Top Bottom