3 Shape

• Thread starter precisionortholab333
  • Start date
P

precisionortholab333

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a Orthodontic Lab right now I am using itero to receive scans and using mesh mixer. I have a University that wants to send scans from 3 shape scanners. Can I get away with just the inbox communicator? Do I still need to use mesh mixer to design? Thanks for your time. Linda

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I am no expert in the digital world, by any means. But here is my take...

I guess you work with .stl files in Mesh mixer, correct? 3shape is able to generate stl files, which then can be forwarded to you. So, the University would send you .stl files.

If you want to get involved deeper, you can get the '3shape communicate portal'. But that comes with a hefty price tag, compared to iTero and Cerec, for example.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
You need the Trios inbox module to able to save the files, for that you have to pay a yearly fee. The communicate portal is free (I think?),but it only lets you view the cases and exchange notes. You can keep using Meshmixer tho...
Alternatively, the person with the trios scanner can export STL files on his/her end... then send it to you ;)

P

precisionortholab333

Reaction score
Thanks. The communicator is $1500.00 and the annual is $800.00 just to get scans from 3 shape. Thank for the help.

Top Bottom