3 Shape trios to exocad

D

David Friedman

Reaction score
Hi all
Any one know if I (being a lab) can import files from a Trios color from 3shape whithout having to buy 3 shape inbox? A Dr just bought the scanner and I need to know what to do to keep working with him I have a medit blue scanner.
Thanks
David

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the doctor needs to get a romexis account or ddx account. he will set this information up in his control panel and pay a per-click fee to export the case in the proper format and then email/dropbox that to you.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
You'll also want to make sure your exocad has the appropriate "DentalCAD" configuration to allow foreign data ... give your reseller a call.

D

David Friedman

Reaction score
You'll also want to make sure your exocad has the appropriate "DentalCAD" configuration to allow foreign data ... give your reseller a call.
Hi I am a little confused my scanner is exocad that sends stl files and should receive stl file what is the foreign data and where would the configuration change take place?
Thanks again David

D

David Friedman

Reaction score
the doctor needs to get a romexis account or ddx account. he will set this information up in his control panel and pay a per-click fee to export the case in the proper format and then email/dropbox that to you.
To me The Dr. is unlikely to want to spend more money to send me files, 3 shape said I need to buy "2500$" the Inbox. this seems to be no more than a dropbox. I was under the impression that my exocad software would except any stl file, so why not just a direct email file from the Dr.?
Again thanks David

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
because the trios is a closed .dcm file system. none of the patient scans are accessable from the windows shell they are locked in a file vault and either you send .dcm files via trios/3shape inbox, or you buy a romexis account and "export" the files through the romexis service. same deal for ddx.

sorry man. thats the way it works.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
Hi I am a little confused my scanner is exocad that sends stl files and should receive stl file what is the foreign data and where would the configuration change take place?
Thanks again David
Cool already explained above, but figured I should respond to my quote.... on the exo side, you can import .stl, and you can import .dcm if you've had that extra code added. As far as file transfer with Trios, it's not an open system as Cool stated ... it's a bummer. There are options for direct link to exocad when you're on the same server, I doubt it though otherwise. The third party option he stated sounds like it's worth a shot.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
I think i'll even try to do a direct connection with ours to a demo key for exocad ... I've been able to use dental share in the past, so if the direct connection would work, your Dr could direct import the case with all the info. Then they would just send it to you through dental share. All the data would be there, and they would be able to share notes with you as well.

D

David Friedman

Reaction score
I think i'll even try to do a direct connection with ours to a demo key for exocad ... I've been able to use dental share in the past, so if the direct connection would work, your Dr could direct import the case with all the info. Then they would just send it to you through dental share. All the data would be there, and they would be able to share notes with you as well.
Hi All
I just like to say thanks for the quick replys, I spent along time looking at scanners, I was between 3shape and medit blue being a small 2 person lab I felt the better fit was the medit. It would be nice to go direct without having to pay for there inbox but I am sure the Dr. will follow the sales person into the rabit hole so I need to adjust to keep it as simple for him as possible. So as long as I can buy the inbox and a modle builder i will most likely. Although I did see a button on my exocade that said Trios any ideas as to what this is for The window losted Itero and Trios.
Again thanks for the imput
David

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
How is the dr following the sales rep into the rabbit hole?

Exocad makes an IOS?

D

David Friedman

Reaction score
How is the dr following the sales rep into the rabbit hole?

Exocad makes an IOS?
I think because the dr may follow the sales person to the letter he may not be willing to try doing anything different I reed about adding code to exocad to read the files but it would be simpler for the dr to use the labs that have already been set up (3shape). I hope the relationship we have with the dr will prevail. without costing me an arm and a leg
David

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
I think it's the same in english ... ;)

Captprov_H14330201.jpg

What else ? :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think because the dr may follow the sales person to the letter he may not be willing to try doing anything different I reed about adding code to exocad to read the files but it would be simpler for the dr to use the labs that have already been set up (3shape). I hope the relationship we have with the dr will prevail. without costing me an arm and a leg
David

Trios is obviously set up for a smooth transition to the lab 3 Shape. 3 Shape communicate is the portal that you would not be a part of.

I'm not bashing exocad but Trios is designed for 3 Shape users. No doubt you can still work with him but don't blame the reps for promoting 3 Shape and their support team.
Just make sure you can make it as easy for him to send to you as a Trios ready lab.

He's paying about 4K/year for upgrades so don't be surprised if he expects you to pay for anything else for the privilege of receiving his files.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
Hi All
I just like to say thanks for the quick replys, I spent along time looking at scanners, I was between 3shape and medit blue being a small 2 person lab I felt the better fit was the medit. It would be nice to go direct without having to pay for there inbox but I am sure the Dr. will follow the sales person into the rabit hole so I need to adjust to keep it as simple for him as possible. So as long as I can buy the inbox and a modle builder i will most likely. Although I did see a button on my exocade that said Trios any ideas as to what this is for The window losted Itero and Trios.
Again thanks for the imput
David
The iTero and Trios import allows you to import the entire file from Trios/iTero ... rather that import one file at a time, you are able to import the entire folder which includes all the data entry/patient information as well.

D

David Friedman

Reaction score
Thans all
I understand about the file or folders however do I need to pay for the 3shape inbox in order to get the files from the Dr. trios scanner?
thanks David

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no. you need a 3shape communicate account which is free provided you own a valid copy of the dental system. trios sends files one of two ways: either through 3shape communicate or via direct network connection. since you have to be on the same network for the latter, its likely out of the question. 3shape communicate web portal doesnt have a download/upload section because these buttons are integrated in the DentalManager and Trios programs.

owning a DentalManager would also pay for itself in the event that you get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th doc to get IOS cases from. because if you had to also set those people up with romexis or ddx accounts then that amount is far far more than you'd pay for 3shape.

D

David Friedman

Reaction score
hi all
Talked with exocad they said I dont need 3shape inbox. The dr needs to set up scanner in chair side mode and use dentalshare from exocad. (free). ecocad already takes .dcm files.
Hope it works I will find out soon.
David

Top Bottom