3 Shape trios oral scanner capablilty

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
So I work in inhouse lab and my doc bought 3shape trios oral scanner. What I would like to know is that we still pour our own model and wax up our crowns. Is it possible to scan the stone dies and wax up with oral scanner and set the margins myself and send that file out to mill? I think we have the most basic software that comes with oral scanner package so i dont know if thats possible.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Have the files imported into your scanner software and go from there.

H

Holly93

Reaction score
So I work in inhouse lab and my doc bought 3shape trios oral scanner. What I would like to know is that we still pour our own model and wax up our crowns. Is it possible to scan the stone dies and wax up with oral scanner and set the margins myself and send that file out to mill? I think we have the most basic software that comes with oral scanner package so i dont know if thats possible.
What model did your office buy? I am close to getting a lease on Trios that can help scan our models for outsourcing our framework. What were some of the reasons you guys chose Trios?

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
What model did your office buy? I am close to getting a lease on Trios that can help scan our models for outsourcing our framework. What were some of the reasons you guys chose Trios?

I m not really familiar which model was it cuz we really dont use it much. We bought it and tested for about 15patients and the doctors suddenly stopped using it. Our office is very high standard office and we do very high precision work under microscope and I guess the work we get it back from milling places werent just good enough compare to our pressing emax techniques. Only reason we got trios were because we heard they were the most popular brand in the market right now but so far only thing I see thats good for digital is making surgical guard or night guard stuffs. If you are a lab or dr who has medium standard for work then it should fly but if you want something higher than that then its a "No GO"
But this is from my personal experience but i think you really need both scanning and milling part together for Good control over your final restoration. Cuz even if i give really good margin dies and wax up to the milling center they either mess up with setting the margin line or the milling process or to sinter to finish process they might make mistake.

H

Holly93

Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback. For our needs, the Trios would be way to outsource our framework, and maybe occasional NightGuard.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
seriously, what.

are you that clueless?

what in the world have you been using the scanner for anyway? scanning fingernails? for christ sake this is the MINIMUM function of your scanner, to do what you ask, what indeed equates to less ?

my god man.

i am stymied

https://imgur.com/j1CJDmB

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
seriously, what.

are you that clueless?

what in the world have you been using the scanner for anyway? scanning fingernails? for christ sake this is the MINIMUM function of your scanner, to do what you ask, what indeed equates to less ?

my god man.

i am stymied

https://imgur.com/j1CJDmB

sorry friend hahaha
I personally never touch the software part yet.
The drs scanned and exported for outsourcing to the milling center so I never really had the chance to experience it,
Just wanted to know if this was possible before I actually get to play around with it.
Had a feeling oral scanner and basic software will be limited to the work I wanted to have it done.

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback. For our needs, the Trios would be way to outsource our framework, and maybe occasional NightGuard.

For that reason I think it should work out fine then. Gluck my friend!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
not only is it within the realm of possibility, thats what it was ultimately designed to do.

so short answer, yes.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Trios scans are far more accurate than any model work you have been producing.
Your crowns may look good under magnification on your models but I doubt you are viewing the patients head under your microscope.

The act of physically taking an impression is flawed regardless of the skill or materials.
You are making your restorations from a photocopy of the tooth.How accurate is that?

Have your Dr join the Trios Study Club on Facebook for better advice on how to use the device and have him join the 3 Shape Study group to learn how to use the software.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
If you are a lab or dr who has medium standard for work then it should fly but if you want something higher than that then its a "No GO"
The machine is as good as the human manipulating it... or so goes the saying.

If you get mediocre quality from outsourcing (and you get mediocre quality from many outsourcing centres!!!) you may want to change your work flow, ie take charge yourself, of the milling.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I know I can import some of the Trios files into Exocad without purchasing their File box or whatever it's called, but if you have the File box do you pay annually for it or is it a one-time expense? I have 2 offices that are starting to use the Trios and would like to make it easy to transfer files, but can't see the need to pay for a fancy Dropbox annually.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I know I can import some of the Trios files into Exocad without purchasing their File box or whatever it's called, but if you have the File box do you pay annually for it or is it a one-time expense? I have 2 offices that are starting to use the Trios and would like to make it easy to transfer files, but can't see the need to pay for a fancy Dropbox annually.
There is a yearly licensing fee on top of your initial investment for Trios inbox. It's 3Sheep what else??

doug

doug

Reaction score
I guess I'll talk to the local 3Shape rep and see what the fee is. I know we can import the files we need. One doc has no problem putting the files in my Dropbox, "Unless it gets to be a hassle for the girls." So there's that to deal with. Thx!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Do something nice for the girls. Goes a long way to make things easy for you. I know I'm preaching to the choir old timer.:)