3 shape splint studio problem

J

Jin ahn

Reaction score
Hi, i'm a beginner with using 3shape to make a splint. The problem i'm facing right now is the distance between teeth and splint. When i fabricate the splint(Night guard) manually, i don't see any space between teeth and splint, but somehow 3 shape is forcing to create some space. I can clearly see the gaps from under view. Someone told me that reducing the teeth offset value will decrease the distance, but the value is already set to 0, so cannot do anything about it. Also, i suspected the block out is one of the reason, so did not add any wax on model, but still having same problem. The printed splints are so loosened, does not have much retention on posterior side, so i had to add clear acrylic to fill the gaps. Is there anyone who had same problem?

J

Jin ahn

Reaction score
Hi, i'm a beginner with using 3shape to make a splint. The problem i'm facing right now is the distance between teeth and splint (buccal and lingual side). When i fabricate the splint(Night guard) manually, i don't see any space between teeth and splint, but somehow 3 shape is forcing to create some space. I can clearly see the gaps from under view. Someone told me that reducing the teeth offset value will decrease the distance, but the value is already set to 0, so cannot do anything about it. Also, i suspected the block out is one of the reason, so did not add any wax on model, but still having same problem. The printed splints are so loosened, does not have much retention on posterior side, so i had to add clear acrylic to fill the gaps. Is there anyone who had same problem?

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
I use appliance designer to design splints so haven't had any issues, however block out or internal offset of the shell could be a factor.

What is the offset of the shell?

What is the value you are assigning to the block out retention?

Also make sure your paths of insertion are correct so that your blockout isn't being added in places it shouldn't.

Top Bottom