3 Shape software - Cambridge

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Does anyone have some positive or negative experiences with 3 Shape's CAM software Cambridge ? We're presently on a trial with it and seeking advice from those that have been to the School of Hard Knocks with it. Cheers !!

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
Does anyone have some positive or negative experiences with 3 Shape's CAM software Cambridge ? We're presently on a trial with it and seeking advice from those that have been to the School of Hard Knocks with it. Cheers !!

depends what your trying to use it for. We demoed about a few years back for milling and was not worth it for what it did. Its nice it auto nested everything but it wouldn't interpret the code we needed for our cam software. Might have changed now but for milling you needed dentmill, or another cam software on top of the cambridge.

In my opinion it seemed like a waste of time for 3Shape to develop it if they were not going to allow outputting the G-Code needed to run the machines. But i guess they have to play nice with all the cam software companies or they wont push 3shapes cad product. But maybe in a few years done the line or maybe sooner they will spit out the code needed to run the machines. Then and only then will cambridge be a product worth purchasing

A

aabregini

Reaction score
Anybody knows how can I get to be a 3shape certified technician? Who s offering this courses.? I know someone has to have the answer. I used to worked with Sirona In lab, but 3 shape has so many features. Please some help here. thanks.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Anybody knows how can I get to be a 3shape certified technician? Who s offering this courses.? I know someone has to have the answer. I used to worked with Sirona In lab, but 3 shape has so many features. Please some help here. thanks.

Secret here is to ask about training in a specific country - we would quite happily bring you up to speed on 3Shape, but Scotland is a long way to travel to if your based in Australia.

Colin

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
bah...CAMBridge.

Waste of $$.

Get CIM System SUM3D! Waaaay better. works with everything coming in and going out. The last CAM you will ever need. DentMill, Haas, KaVo, DMG, 3M Lava, Roland, iCore, pretty much everything.

Also can inport anything pretty much.

Why buy Ten different programs and systems when you could have access to it all with one purchase.

A

aabregini

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Coling Mcnair but I"m in California.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
bah...CAMBridge.

Waste of $$.

Get CIM System SUM3D! Waaaay better. works with everything coming in and going out. The last CAM you will ever need. DentMill, Haas, KaVo, DMG, 3M Lava, Roland, iCore, pretty much everything.

Why buy Ten different programs and systems when you could have access to it all with one purchase.

Thanks Scott, do you have a contact name and # ? thanks, Orr

Y

YMS96

Reaction score

3Shape doesn't have 'certified technicians' or labs..so it'd be pointless. Read the help file, it has everything you need to know. :cool:

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
bah...CAMBridge.

Waste of $$.

Cambridge is best if you are printing. It has a lot of advanced features that aren't found in 3D System's Client Software, so if you're loading hundreds of units or want to auto arrange them to maximize your space then it will do that so you don't need to manually rotate/drag each piece.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
maybe you are thinking of another printer??

3D Systems printers have two types of auto-arranging features.
One makes all parts have lowest possible Z-height, the other will arrange pieces like Tetris. The parts get put into box shaped border, and all get crammed together like magic.

You can turn both on/off in your "Options" during Importing a piece. Check box for "Enable part placement" and the other is "Quick build orientation". Or, you can always just click on the Icons at the top of screen when looking at job preview.

Scott

A

aabregini

Reaction score
YMS96 thanks for letting me know ,3shape does not have Certified techs , I was reading a post from 3 shape they have a training center in NJ, but was only mentioned , I wish I can have access to 3S help.I contact several dealers they just give you a basic training if you buy the system. Other thing is if the lab owner sent you there. anfortunally I m still in bad shape about finding a job. Thanks anyway.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
maybe you are thinking of another printer??

3D Systems printers have two types of auto-arranging features.
One makes all parts have lowest possible Z-height, the other will arrange pieces like Tetris. The parts get put into box shaped border, and all get crammed together like magic.

You can turn both on/off in your "Options" during Importing a piece. Check box for "Enable part placement" and the other is "Quick build orientation". Or, you can always just click on the Icons at the top of screen when looking at job preview.

Scott

Yeah I know, but if you have a variety of multiunit and single unit cases, will the auto arrange feature place them in the most optimal positions, in order to fit as many as possible? I'm not talking about just aligning the bounding boxes, because we all know that a bounding box on a large bridge contains a lot of un-used space that you could fit other units in. As far as I know the client software doesn't do this. The client software also doesn't let you tag the cases (places a tiny 'tag' with the patients name, pan #, whatever) which helps tremendously when sorting, for both you and the customer.

C

catalin

Reaction score
Hi.
1. Please tell me, the CAMbridge softwer is the same for example (roland or wieland). Is only one softwer for evry milling machine, or for eache machines is a personal version.
2. From where can i download. Is anyone available tot give me thet installation kit ?
Thanck