3 Shape Scanner

H

Hal2a

Reaction score
Can anyone who has experience with the 3 Shape system help with a couple of questions?
How fast is it to develop a design of a full contour crown or a coping? How accurate are the wax resin products produced from the scan? I am hoping to eliminate the waxing and reduce the finish time in metal.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
I feel it is the very best scanner on the market today. It is quick, it is advanced and it can do everything. It is the one I would purchase without question. The other day I went on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and checked out alot of their demo's and also went to 3Shapes website and researched it some more 3Shape - Corporate website FP I would suggest you do the same or wait for a reply from a forum member that has the system in place already. I have seen wax copings created on 3Shape, and then printed off the Projet and the fits and accuracy were astounding. Get hooked up with an outsource partner such as Diadem that can print all the digital wax-up's you can send to them. It is the future.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
I have a 3 Shape d250 scanner with Dental Designer 2009.It's the best!!!
I read an article in a hungarian dental magazine. it was an quintessenz article about cad/cam technique versus traditional wax up technique.I tried the find it and scan it but unfortunatelly probably i lost it.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Personal best for a resin coping is 1min40sec but that was not full contour which would add a couple of mins as you refine the imported tooth design for the best asthetic finish. We print 100+ coping a day, and on days when the printer is offline, the guys from metalwork get the hump when they have to go old school and wax up shells for a day.

If your in the UK, let me know and I can set up a netview session and you can watch a scan and design live. Your also welcome to visit the lab, we have 6 3Shape as well as most other scanners in the building

Colin

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Dear Colin!

I'm in Hungary. Is it possible to send me a netview session.It will be very useful to see some proffesional design online.My email address is:[email protected]. Thanks

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
Single die scans are pretty fast ... the time consuming part are the adjacent teeth, coupled with the design time for proper support.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
hopefully the you tube video was not a real case, or have labs still not learnt..... do not make unsupported shells for zirconia!

still though the 3shape software snd scanner seem light years ahead of anything else around now.

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
K, this is new to me. So...after you scan, what happens? Who mills it? can you send the full contour crown file to get milled out of E-max, or just a resin pattern you have to invest.

My accounts are primarily E-max. A perfect scenario for me would be:

Scan impression and/or preps. Digitally design full contour crown. Send file to mill out of E-max and return. I stain/glaze and check final contacts. Does the scanner allow me to do this?

Sorry for the ignorance, I guess I'm behind in the times.

H

Hal2a

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a 3 shape scanner and have just got back some test cases. I sent out for milled wax patterns, printed wax and zirconoa copings. The zirconia fit great. I would have to say as good as the Lava that I used to get. The milled wax had margins that would fit in places but rough margins did not come out very accurate.Also the anatomy could be more detailed and the surface did not mill very smooth in spots.
The printed wax looks good, the anatomy was reproduced accurately, but the margins were rounded. I feel the printed is my best hope for a coping. I will just have to go around the margin with wax. It should only take about 20 sec.
Its scarry because when I contacted the center that printed the wax, they told me alot of labs will go ahead and use the copings with rounded margins with out adding to them. Its extremely cool technology and if it can cut down on some of the "grunt work" and let me concentrate on ceramics, then mission accomplished.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Hal, I think you should give Scott a call.........I know for a fact his printed patterns are better, no rounded margins for sure.....
You may even say some $$

Charles

C

charles007

Reaction score
Sending out an SOS for SCOTT

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
K, this is new to me. So...after you scan, what happens? Who mills it? can you send the full contour crown file to get milled out of E-max, or just a resin pattern you have to invest.

My accounts are primarily E-max. A perfect scenario for me would be:

Scan impression and/or preps. Digitally design full contour crown. Send file to mill out of E-max and return. I stain/glaze and check final contacts. Does the scanner allow me to do this?

Sorry for the ignorance, I guess I'm behind in the times.

From a scanned design you can get either a resin pattern to cast / press or a milled full contour crown or a cut back crown to build the final shape onto. Depends on what you want. The 100% zirconia crowns just get stained / fired and polished contact should be bang on as you check the fit as part of the design process.

Core 3D Centres | home should put you in the right direction

Colin

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
What color was the patterns?

I'd love to make ya some for free.

Give me your honest opinion.

Scott

A

alan2423

Reaction score
PGguy try diadem they are cutting emax crowns and they look great

C

ceasor

Reaction score
what's the price

I want to buy one. Could you tell me the price of D700?

C

charles007

Reaction score
D700 from 25k to 30k + or -

Diadem sells for 25k ....not sure if your locked in to them or not......
One company offered me a 30k zir coping credit to buy a 3shape 700 at 32k

C

ceasor

Reaction score
D700 from 25k to 30k + or -

Diadem sells for 25k ....not sure if your locked in to them or not......
One company offered me a 30k zir coping credit to buy a 3shape 700 at 32k
25k is ok. But do I need to buy their milling machine? In fact, I just want a scanner.
I am also interested in Imetric iscan D101 with DelCam system(Do you know it?). And D640 is ok too. But I don't know whether they still sell the old style like D640.

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
3shapes doesn't sell milling machines.......

Top Bottom