3 shape question

A

adcgn45

Reaction score
ok if i design a full arch in temps is there any way to take that file and add it to the new scan of the prepped arch on the new model? hope that makes sense

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes, copy and append the file, and do nothing with this order except extract the Preparation scan and call it something else. make a new order with your scans of stone or such, and import that renamed tile as PrePreparation in your order form.

if you have trouble you can always meshmix them together using Combine or Boolean Add functions.

A

adcgn45

Reaction score
thanks. im not quite sure how to do that.. on my temp case i right click and chose copyand append cad design to prep scan although im not sure thats correct but then with my new mdel file i dont know how to get it in there

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
one more time but step by step. i laid this out earlier.

1. copy and append the file.

2. do nothing with the order except rename it.

3. explore order, go to the scans folder find the Preparation scan with the temps on it, copy it and move it someplace else and rename it so you dont get confused.

4. make a new order scan your case, but on the order sheet choose the box for adding additional scans, and pick the file you made in step3.

5. you will have to do an alignment of the scans because 3shape never sticks with one set of co ordinates. i hope your two scans have at least 3 teeth or tissue landmarks.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you, CHL, as I needed those step by step instructions, too.

A

adcgn45

Reaction score
thanks for the step by step . am i missing a module ? i have no add additional scans box in my order form

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Does this help?

Screenshot 2019-09-19 11.08.46.png

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
It would be better that you bring it in during the actual scan of the case and add it there so you can align it properly if the orientation of the two separate scans differ.

A

adcgn45

Reaction score
i found my problem,im on 2016 its too old .thanks guys

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
what was the first part?..... just kidding!!!!! :)