3 Shape E3 Scan issue

J

jy147147

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having issue with E3 scanner not sure it is computer or scanner itself.

texture is not smooth where i applied wax and it only doing it when it scan die only

attached DCM files from E3 and D500 to compare

Please take a look and let me know if it is normal.

It looks like CAP and 3 Shape tech people claim it is normal for 27000 dollar scanner.

they spend for 2 days to figure it out it is normal behavior.

I thought this brand new E3 scanner has more accuracy then D500 ?

Or am I just stupid person that does not know anything about 3shape scnner ?

Attachments

• Die scan from D500.dcm
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
  • Die Scan from E3.dcm
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Core3DCentresNorthAmerica

Reaction score
Can you double check your scanner settings? Are you scanning from the same computer?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i can't (nobody can) see the files you uploaded because 3shape doesnt let two different licenses view the same dcm unless they are linked through communicate.

but if what you see is pimples, stippling, or tiny open triangles, then yes this is normal, because wax has TWO problems. first, it is shiny. shiny surfaces need to be matted in order to scan correctly. secondly, block out wax, is usually mostly translucent, which also need to be opacified before it will scan correctly, irrespective of what scanner or what scan technology is at play; both optical scanners AND laser scanners have the same problems with wax.

spray it, you will be fine.

don't spray it, you are gonna have a hard time.

Reaction score
i can't (nobody can) see the files you uploaded because 3shape doesnt let two different licenses view the same dcm unless they are linked through communicate.

but if what you see is pimples, stippling, or tiny open triangles, then yes this is normal, because wax has TWO problems. first, it is shiny. shiny surfaces need to be matted in order to scan correctly. secondly, block out wax, is usually mostly translucent, which also need to be opacified before it will scan correctly, irrespective of what scanner or what scan technology is at play; both optical scanners AND laser scanners have the same problems with wax.

spray it, you will be fine.

don't spray it, you are gonna have a hard time.

I can view the files just fine...?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
There's the difference between the two:
Untitled.png

J

jy147147

Reaction score
sorry guys I took screen shots
please take a look and let me know if it is normal.
thanks for everyone for fast reply
and if i have to use cadcam scanner wax or spray it. I am ok with it but CAP and 3 Shape people looked at it 2 days ago and told me there is issue.
and now they are claiming it is normal. Can't believe them. just purchased scanner and computer from CAP and their tech support sucks
first image is from D500 and second one is from E3

scan from D500.jpg scan from E3 scanner.jpg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
normal in my experience too.

spray it, is the best answer i can give you until we get time-of-flight scanning.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
you've exceeded your bubble count

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

To be honest, I can see the dimpling on the D500 image and from what I did in exploding it on my end, but it's softer. Maybe the E3 is picking up more detail? If you look at the die trim area under the margin, they both have the same smoothness.

d5003.JPG

Try doing the opposite if you have scan die for detail and set it for speed, and see if that smooths it out a bit, which may help you to know if it's just picking up more detail.

How do Peek/scan body abutments look scanned between the 2 scanners?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Looks normal, Its all being blocked out anyway.. how do the crowns fit?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I can, and I don't even have 3sheep...Cheers

maybe for that reason

d 500 has 1.3 mp e 3 5 mp so tripple data the question is how does your stump look smooth means not always good dont think it looks real like the 500 a bit to smoothy

Last edited:
J

jy147147

Reaction score
Looks normal, Its all being blocked out anyway.. how do the crowns fit?
have not tried crown yet, I didn't want to waste my time and martial. from my experience it looks like it did not scan currently. i am guessing i am wrong.

CAP and 3 shape took two days to find out it is normal. first they told me it is software issue and then now they are saying it is normal. what a waste of time

J

jy147147

Reaction score
To be honest, I can see the dimpling on the D500 image and from what I did in exploding it on my end, but it's softer. Maybe the E3 is picking up more detail? If you look at the die trim area under the margin, they both have the same smoothness.

View attachment 29927

Try doing the opposite if you have scan die for detail and set it for speed, and see if that smooths it out a bit, which may help you to know if it's just picking up more detail.

How do Peek/scan body abutments look scanned between the 2 scanners?

they changed setting and it is still the same. and it only doing it when it scan die. all other scan is good

J

jy147147

Reaction score
You expect CAP and 3shape to help you? Laugh
when i purchasing this scanner, i did not want to purchase license fee for every year. but sale rap convince me like they can handle everything from tech support.

i was stupid and you can laugh at me ......

Top Bottom