3 Shape D700 and USB ports

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
How much should I budget for a new desk top?
500px-Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
We keep receiving this Error...
"State: ScanServer error. The image transmission is unstable. Check that the other programs are not overloading the CPU or the Fireware/USB. Please restart the scan. rs[42]"

We checked the USB ports our D700 is plugged into a USB 2.0. We called 3i (who we bought the 3shape scanner from) they uninstalled the scanner suite and reinstalled it. We keep receiving the error. I have also cleared off our Desktop so there wouldn't be as much CPU usage. Or DentalManager however does take up a lot of CPU.
We also have a D800 scanner hooked up to another computer with no issues..

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Steps for resolving? Any advice or help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rachel

Could be a recent windows update interfering with the scan suite...I'd reformat, then reinstall the OS and apps to its original setup what worked...if it solves the problem then turn off the auto update...

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
How much should I budget for a new desk top?

Look for the good deal on i7-4790 CPU with at least 16Gb RAM and the biggest SSD harddrive you could get. For video you'd be fine with a Nvidia GTX750...IMO

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Look for the good deal on i7-4790 CPU with at least 16Gb RAM and the biggest SSD harddrive you could get. For video you'd be fine with a Nvidia GTX750...IMO

Thanks, I've got that vid card in my 64 bit pavillion now .

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Haters gonna hate!
images

S

SW_CAD_TECH

Reaction score
Could be a recent windows update interfering with the scan suite...I'd reformat, then reinstall the OS and apps to its original setup what worked...if it solves the problem then turn off the auto update...

Reformatting can be a PITA sometimes depending on how many programs you have, you could just roll back the Windows updates to a time/date your system worked.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Without upgrading your entire PC, you could try to install a new USB 2.0 PCI card.

This is generally a reasonable workaround. A PCI(e) USB card comes with its own controller, so it's all on its own there. ALL 3Shape scanners seem to be VERY picky about USB ports, controllers and cables.

Many new computers have issues separating devices to different controllers in the built in USB interfaces anyway. A separate card fixes that.

M

Murat Alp

Reaction score
If possible, go to computer bios and set some usb port to 2.0 mode and plug scanner to this port.
This worked for me.
Check also what scansuite (scanserver) version you use. Scansuite 1.0.6.7 was recommended with one D700 scanner...
Scansuite version can be different. It is depend how old is your scanner.

What error message you get or how the scanner is not working well?

Hi Tero
I saw your post. I have exact the issue you described. Could you please send me scansuite 1.0.6.7

J

JoeS1787

Reaction score
the problem with 3.0 port is the way it is pinned - for some reason the D700 will not play nice with it. (which it seems you've already noticed)
I want to know about the intraoral scanner 3shape - Trios 2013 model will this work with newer laptops with usb 3.0 ports only.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I want to know about the intraoral scanner 3shape - Trios 2013 model will this work with newer laptops with usb 3.0 ports only.
Yes, if you can control the voltage

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Can you explain that? Do you have to regulate it in device manager? I wasnt aware you could regulate power on a 3.0. So do you look at the sticker on the trios to find the voltage then set accordingly?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Can you explain that? Do you have to regulate it in device manager? I wasnt aware you could regulate power on a 3.0. So do you look at the sticker on the trios to find the voltage then set accordingly?
It'd be more of a build a level converter to plug into the usb3 and the trios plugs into that.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ok thanks I didnt read the entire thread because Ive exhausted myself in other threads about 3shape and usb ports, but I had never heard of an adjustable usb, makes sense because even phones dont charge right on the wrong voltage.