3.0 conical connection techniques

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I’m wondering if any of you has a way of doing a cost effective hybrid abutment for Nobel Biocare conical connection 3.0? My doctor hates going with titanium abut in the anterior and her oral surgeon keeps placing them in her patients. My only thought is to get a straight stock Ti abut or design something in 3shape and treat that like the hybrid base. Only prob is this creates a huge cost to doctor.
Any ideas?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Nobel CA.. that is it for your 3.0.. a cast-to would cost more

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Get the Ti abutment and then annodize it to turn it gold. You can get an annodizing kit for around $300. Add a fee for the annodizing service and you can recoup that $300 quickly.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Nobel CA.. that is it for your 3.0.. a cast-to would cost more
yeah, thinking I'll just do the custom with the 3shape
Get the Ti abutment and then annodize it to turn it gold. You can get an annodizing kit for around $300. Add a fee for the annodizing service and you can recoup that $300 quickly.
I have an anodizer and anodize all my Ti. I just don't think it makes enough of difference.
Anyone have some links to actual research or good comparison pictures of anodized vs non anodized in the mouth?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Only prob is this creates a huge cost to doctor.
Regardless of the solutions offered above, it may be time for your client to talk to the surgeon, if he/she doesn't like the implant the surgeon is placing... I hear this a lot. Phrases like: "I sent the him/her a surgical guide but he/she didn't use it and now I have to deal with misplaced implants". At the end they are the referring Doctors and carry the responsibility of the treatment. They certainly can demand certain things.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
yeah, thinking I'll just do the custom with the 3shape

I have an anodizer and anodize all my Ti. I just don't think it makes enough of difference.
Anyone have some links to actual research or good comparison pictures of anodized vs non anodized in the mouth?

Yea, not a big fan of anodizing
We are rolling around the idea of bonder/opaque on Ti before the case is scanned for the crown... PITA though.

Been using tru-opaque, but it’s actually for Acrylic

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
this will for sure fit the nobel conical connection?! and do they have a library for 3shape?
Another option is to be sure to create some mechanical retention then peen the labial aspect with glass beads. This will brighten up by refective light considerably, then anodize. Sandbalsting followed by anodizing is still somewhat dead in appearance. Give it a shot :)Cheers

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Another option is to be sure to create some mechanical retention then peen the labial aspect with glass beads. This will brighten up by refective light considerably, then anodize. Sandbalsting followed by anodizing is still somewhat dead in appearance. Give it a shot :)Cheers
just use a brass wire bristle brush

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
yes I have one in my hand, want me to send it to you? Ill only mark it up 300%

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
They even have non-engaging o_O

M

Michael030387

Reaction score
You can use Denracle TiBase, they have both engage and non engage. And also, it is more cost effective. We have been using Denracle for 2 years and so far, no problem at all

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
It seems like Denracle is FDA approved, they say they are CE certified and has ISO/GMP certification . . .
Interesting.
LCM

Top Bottom