21st Century Gold Crown

Tom Mappin

Tom Mappin

Reaction score
Finally, after so many years of digital dentistry, plus the ensuing endeavors into milling various materials, most so hard as to raise questions about their bio-compatibility, the most valuable posterior restoration has now been re-introduced! The full gold crown is now available through 21st Century technology. Strategy Milling will supply your needs for these crowns while eliminating your having to stock special alloy and use valuable technician time waxing, spruing, investing, waiting for ovens, etc, etc, etc, you all know the drill.

Strategy Milling decided to stop the demise of dentistry's go-to restoration by applying 21st Century technology, Powered by Atlantic Precious Metal Refining, to offer the dental laboratory industry a way to provide these valuable restorations at a price that will benefit laboratories of all sizes and patients everywhere.

The picture below does not do them justice. The fit is phenomenal, their margins are exquisite and the finish is ready for rubber tools.

abit_ly_1acg7g1_.jpg
abit_ly_1acg7g1_.jpg

Last edited:
shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
So what's the cost of sending a digital file and having a gold crown milled? Average cost I know each case is different, but what would the metal charge be on something like that?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Compartis has been printing patterns and casting with their Neo Cascom with great results for years. Im thinking its just sub $20 + alloy.

Tom Mappin

Tom Mappin

Reaction score
So what's the cost of sending a digital file and having a gold crown milled? Average cost I know each case is different, but what would the metal charge be on something like that?

Because this is so new, we've only been out of the testing phase for less than two months, we have limited data on average crown weights. But so far the average crown is around 3.5 grams of our alloy and our alloy is currently priced at approximately $30 per gram. That price will fluctuate with the market obviously, and it's a 50% Au alloy.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I would decrease the step a ton, and maybe then, i would like them...

Tom Mappin

Tom Mappin

Reaction score
I would decrease the step a ton, and maybe then, i would like them...

Like I said Marcus, the pictures really doesn't do the finish justice. they are much smoother than they appear in this shot. If you held the real thing in your hand I think you would agree.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
got a pic of that golden puck??

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
too bad that wasnt the one that hit Sid.. RKM might still have a chance ;) sorry couldnt resist..

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Like I said Marcus, the pictures really doesn't do the finish justice. they are much smoother than they appear in this shot. If you held the real thing in your hand I think you would agree.

But it is possible to decrease the step so much so that you will not see a step on the surface.
So i would go for the gusto, and decrease the step to .03-.055. And adjust the spindle and axis speeds accordingly. Sure it might take longer to mill, but man they would be ready for a touch of a half round bur, a bristle brush, and a buff. bam.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What's the composition of the alloy?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Because this is so new, we've only been out of the testing phase for less than two months, we have limited data on average crown weights. But so far the average crown is around 3.5 grams of our alloy and our alloy is currently priced at approximately $30 per gram. That price will fluctuate with the market obviously, and it's a 50% Au alloy.

Are we giving up on troy weight and going with the metric system?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So who are you mr. Mappin?...if that is your real name
Website?
number?
What mill are you milling with?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I hope you don't have a suction hooked up to the mill.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Lets say that I wanted to buy a gold disk and mill in my machine. What would a disk cost?